Mike Wright is not a major league pitcher.

Snutchy

17 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I say try him as a reliever first.

See, I'm just don't know about that. He obviously has a live arm and good stuff, but he rattles too easy. Always seems like he has Tillmanitis. Takes him an inning or two before he settles.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Snutchy said:

See, I'm just don't know about that. He obviously has a live arm and good stuff, but he rattles too easy. Always seems like he has Tillmanitis. Takes him an inning or two before he settles.

Cut him in a few weeks if he stinks. I just think, if he is used correctly, he could be a good situational reliever.

8 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

Mike Wright has really caused a pickle. This game may go extra innings and Davis will likely have to pitch again. Seriously, there can't be anybody left out in the bullpen. 

I agree.   We lose this game, it’s definitely on Wright.    

6 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I agree.   We lose this game, it’s definitely on Wright.    

One thing though,. Wright has said he is more comfortable with Sisco catching.  Why just not let Sisco catch him.  Disco should be catching at least 2/3 reds of the games anyway.

This game was a prototypical Mike Wright game. 

It had:

• Erratic control - he only had 2-3 sliders that were good ones...all the others were up in the zone.
  • Idiotic decisions - Throwing to 2nd (and errantly) instead of home
  • Lack of efficiency - A ton of pitches
  • Nibble, nibble, nibble

...and where the hell did his velocity go?

What a disaster. At least Tillman had the common decency to absolutely implode a few innings into the game.

1 minute ago, atomic said:

One thing though,. Wright has said he is more comfortable with Sisco catching.  Why just not let Sisco catch him.  Disco should be catching at least 2/3 reds of the games anyway.

When did Wright say that?

In any event, Buck is basically alternating the two and today was Joseph’s day.   

22 minutes ago, Snutchy said:

Mike Wright has really caused a pickle. This game may go extra innings and Davis will likely have to pitch again. Seriously, there can't be anybody left out in the bullpen. 

Saw the camera pan over Davis end of last inning and wondered half kidding to myself if he would pitch.  But it may be a possibility if this keeps going, eh?   

10 minutes ago, LookitsPuck said:

This game was a prototypical Mike Wright game. 

It had:

• Erratic control - he only had 2-3 sliders that were good ones...all the others were up in the zone.
  • Idiotic decisions - Throwing to 2nd (and errantly) instead of home
  • Lack of efficiency - A ton of pitches
  • Nibble, nibble, nibble

...and where the hell did his velocity go?

What a disaster. At least Tillman had the common decency to absolutely implode a few innings into the game.

5) Poor reaction to adversity.   Not the first time he's fallen apart after one thing goes wrong.

4 hours ago, ScGO's said:

I say try him as a reliever first.

He was tried as a reliever last year.  13 appearances, 25 innings, 5.76 ERA.  Good K-BB ratio, but that's it.  Too many hits & home runs.

This guy has never been an above average pitcher in his 3+ seasons.  He's past the typical "breakout" age for a starter.  I don't see him as an effective reliever.  Time for the O's to move on, and give him a chance somewhere else if another club will take him.

6 minutes ago, 25 Nuggets said:

Mike Wright will one day be able to tell his grandkids about the time he played professional baseball.

Yes.  And that's okay.  He made a good amount of money, with a few highlights, playing a game that a TINY percentage of the population gets to do as a job, much less a career.

Archived