Worth of a Machado Rental?

Bahama O's Fan

2 hours ago, wildbillhiccup said:

I think I'm of the mindset now that we ideally need to get a SS or 3B prospect back for Machado because I really don't think Tim Beckham is an everyday player. That said, I think these teams are probably our best matches. In a perfect world I'd to get a 3B or SS back (to replace Machado) and a MLB ready SP (to replace Gausman).

1) Yankees /  Gleybar Torres (everyone better be rooting for him to struggle!)

2) Blue Jays / Bo Bichette (If Diaz continues to hit they might be more inclined to move him). 

3) Mets / Amed Rosario (if feels like he might be the most obtainable)  

4) Philles / Scott Kingery or JP Crawford (this assumes they give up on Franco. If they trade Crawford, Kingery could shift to 3B.)

If we still think pitching is our #1 priority then the Cardinals are our best fit because they have so much depth. Alex Reyes and Jack Flaherty would be great targets. 

They signed Kingery long term.  I think the most likely trade for Machado is the diamondbacks.  These trade talks were going on this off season so presumably there is some level of understanding on value.  I think you would see a few super young prospects come back from them.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Camden_yardbird said:

They signed Kingery long term.  I think the most likely trade for Machado is the diamondbacks.  These trade talks were going on this off season so presumably there is some level of understanding on value.  I think you would see a few super young prospects come back from them.

...but the D'Backs just signed Ketal Marte to a 5 year contract extension. 

4 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

...but the D'Backs just signed Ketal Marte to a 5 year contract extension. 

Marte has played 2B mostly this year. He's also hitting .221 this year and Ahmed is batting .197 as the primary SS. Add in nothing at 3B with Jake Lamb out and they certainly have a need. The rest of the team is producing and they have the depth to make a big run.

Would a Domingo Leyba and Jon Duplantier combo be possible?

In real life, I think front offices are pretty draft focused these next 6 weeks, so even if it gets all 1988 around here, most likely there will be waiting.  June's market would more naturally be clubs fighting to qualify instead of cruising superpowers who can afford to wait and see if prices drop July 31st.  So a Milwaukee type - hey, I wonder if we could get Josh Hader...

14 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The dodgers are the best fit. They have an injury to Turner and MLB ready prospects. Buehler and Verdugo types. 

All of these options are good, but I don't even know who is in charge? I serious doubt the O's will trade him. Who is going to make that decision? 

49 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

The dodgers are the best fit. They have an injury to Turner and MLB ready prospects. Buehler and Verdugo types. 

Not really. Turner's due back in a few weeks. They're not going to bench Turner or Seager so unless Seager is coming back to us in the trade the Dodgers really are not a good fit, regardless of how many young arms they have. 

34 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

All of these options are good, but I don't even know who is in charge? I serious doubt the O's will trade him. Who is going to make that decision? 

Who? Why the mighty FO Troika of course. Buck Brady and Dan.

Related image

1 hour ago, jamalshw said:

Marte has played 2B mostly this year. He's also hitting .221 this year and Ahmed is batting .197 as the primary SS. Add in nothing at 3B with Jake Lamb out and they certainly have a need. The rest of the team is producing and they have the depth to make a big run.

Would a Domingo Leyba and Jon Duplantier combo be possible?

Possibly. Corbin's early season success might make them more inclined to trade a younger arm...although they just lost Walker so that might cancel it out. Honestly though why can't we trade them Machado and Cashner or Cobb? 

4 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I will go on record right now, having read through the suggested trades on this thread, that there are going to be a lot of disappointed posters on this board when and if this actually occurs. 

Are you talking about the return for Manny or just the fact that he's gone?

Archived