So were any comments made about the Davis/Trumbo interaction last night?

glenn__davis

Not sure how many were watching the game, but a pop-up was hit right near the Oriole dugout.  Davis came over attempting to field it and in doing so started to lean into the Orioles dugout a bit.  Trumbo tried to help catch him and help him back up, and Davis most definitely pushed him away and didn't look very pleased.

May have been nothing, Davis may have just been frustrated/disappointed that he wasn't able to get to the ball, but it definitely raised my eyebrows a bit.  Were then any questions asked about it postgame?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting. I didn’t hear anything from Buck in the presser on this. I thought at the time that it was one of the coaches who reached out. I wasn’t paying a ton of attention to it other than him missing it and on the replay of how he seemed to not track it till the last instant due to it being so high and against the sky backdrop (Jim or Gary’s observation). I haven’t read the Sun or MASN blogs today, but maybe someone over there noticed it. 

I didn't hear anything said about that interaction. But at the end of the game, after most everyone else was headed for the clubhouse, Chris was leaning over the dugout rail staring at the ground looking utterly dejected. The Angels announcers commented on it.

51 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Interesting. I didn’t hear anything from Buck in the presser on this. I thought at the time that it was one of the coaches who reached out. I wasn’t paying a ton of attention to it other than him missing it and on the replay of how he seemed to not track it till the last instant due to it being so high and against the sky backdrop (Jim or Gary’s observation). I haven’t read the Sun or MASN blogs today, but maybe someone over there noticed it. 

It was definitely Trumbo, and it was definitely a "get off of me" shove from Davis.  Now maybe he meant it in fun, he always has a pretty serious look on his face.  I just thought it was odd.  Noticed it in real time and then even more so during the replay.

40 minutes ago, atomic said:

The two guys with the albatross contracts don't like each other?  

Off topic, but my 3-year old is into this PBS show where after the cartoon the paleontologist comes up for a minute to talk about animal features, and there's video of the animals.

There was one where he says, with the sincerest enthusiastic tone geared for 3-year old ears, "Just look at this pair of albatrosses!"

And I see the picture of some whitish birds kind of dancing back and forth with each other.  I laughed.

1 hour ago, Chavez Ravine said:

I didn't hear anything said about that interaction. But at the end of the game, after most everyone else was headed for the clubhouse, Chris was leaning over the dugout rail staring at the ground looking utterly dejected. The Angels announcers commented on it.

There was a quote in the movie "The Edge" which was "Never feel sorry for a guy who owns a plane(or jet)". But I can't help it I feel bad for Davis. Not so much for his performance. But for all the people who don't know him or what he does in his private life pretending that they do. I'm including myself in that statement. I was wrong to speculate on things I have no idea about. I wish you the best Mr. Davis!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived