Rosenthal Revisited: Brady Anderson's role with Orioles a topic of debate

Flacco Machado

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a simple of Brady's strategy for the Orioles: " I’m not blind to the idea of being a GM one day. But that’s not needed here. We have one. My feeling is, if I do my job really well, we can keep our GM forever, our manager forever, our players together. That would be the ultimate for me."

I defy anyone to read this article and say that any rational person would regard Brady Anderson as qualified to be the general manager of a major league baseball team. 

One of many issues I have with Brady.

Was he the one that messed with Austin Hays?

I think Brady Anderson offers absolutely nothing as an MLB front office executive and is a snake lying in the weeds.

"Anderson’s issues with coaches are not exclusive to the major-league club. Orioles minor-league staffers, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Anderson will work with minor-league players, then inform coaches that a player is “fixed” without revealing the changes that he instructed the player to make."

5 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Here's a simple of Brady's strategy for the Orioles: " I’m not blind to the idea of being a GM one day. But that’s not needed here. We have one. My feeling is, if I do my job really well, we can keep our GM forever, our manager forever, our players together. That would be the ultimate for me."

I defy anyone to read this and say that any rational person would regard Brady Anderson as qualified to be the general manager of a major league baseball team. 

Agree. I kind of thought the "ultimate" would be winning a World Series. Hell, maybe even more than one. HIs ultimate is keeping everyone together? That really shows where the priorities are in this organization. It's a big C-sucking party where everyone sees how loyal they can be to each other while the actual team can't even win a baseball game. I have a feeling I might lose it a bit when I read Tony's article. I won't go through another 14 years of this crap. There's lots of fun players and teams to follow. It's hard to believe how this organization got this bad in just over three years. No accountability at all anywhere. No one gets fired, no one gets released, no change of plan, nope... the goal is to just keep everyone together no matter what which totally embodies the lack of accountability problem and that there basically is no real goal here.

13 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I defy anyone to read this and say that any rational person would regard Brady Anderson as qualified to be the general manager of a major league baseball team. 

I'm not really sure why anyone would take issue with that statement?  I think certainly it's implied that if he does his job well then he along with the rest of the team will be successful.

“If that’s the worst thing that you can say, that I got involved with Darren’s contract . . . if that’s the criticism and a few players feel like that, I guess I have to think about that,” Anderson said. “I’m willing to accept fair criticisms.”

"Showalter also downplayed the significance of Anderson maintaining a locker inside the Orioles’ clubhouse, saying that Anderson is so busy, “he’s hardly ever there.” The team also is considering building an office for Anderson in the training room/weight room area, Showalter said."

Have they built that office yet?

"At one point during our conversation, I asked Anderson, “Who are you responsible to? Whom do you report to?”

“Who does Buck report to?” Anderson asked.

“Dan, but also Peter,” I replied.

“Who does Dan report to?”

“Peter.”

Anderson paused before continuing, then said he viewed his efforts as part of a collaboration. He offered individual praise for Showalter, Duquette and Peter Angelos, calling the owner, “one of the best people I know, one of the best characters, somebody I’m intensely loyal to, always will be.”

Arrogant.

27 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Eh....I have my reservations about Brady, but you took his quote out of context.  He admits it is unrealistic, but has the mindset that if he does his job really well then everyone else will be successful as well.  

My feeling is that Brady should strictly be on the coaching/scout/player development side of things.  He should not be involved with roster decisions or contract negotiations.  

20 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

One of many issues I have with Brady.

Was he the one that messed with Austin Hays?

I think Brady Anderson offers absolutely nothing as an MLB front office executive and is a snake lying in the weeds.

"Anderson’s issues with coaches are not exclusive to the major-league club. Orioles minor-league staffers, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Anderson will work with minor-league players, then inform coaches that a player is “fixed” without revealing the changes that he instructed the player to make."

I highly doubt that Brady told Hays to be more aggressive at the plate.  Brady was Mr. OBP.  

7 minutes ago, Flacco Machado said:

True. But, also the one that hit 50 bombs. 

Hays is trying to crank everything out of the park, according to Tony.

Hays has been through almost 1/4 of the minor league season.  If he doesn't see that this approach is not working and he'd be better off doing whatever he was doing last year......then that's on him. 

I'm guessing he's pressing/trying to do too much and just hasn't gotten comfortable at the plate.  

Archived