Hess to start game 1

bpilktree67

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On 3 days rest.   Tough way to break into the majors.   Meanwhile Melville went 8 innings tonight and allowed 3 runs.   His record in 5-0 with a 2.97 ERA.   He came out for the ninth and the 3rd run scored after he left. 108 pitches.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

On 3 days rest.   Tough way to break into the majors.   Meanwhile Melville went 8 innings tonight and allowed 3 runs.   His record in 5-0 with a 2.97 ERA.   He came out for the ninth and the 3rd run scored after he left. 108 pitches.

Maybe Melville takes Tillman's spot for his next start?

This is so dumb why didn't you just skip his start this week then?  My guess would be they assumed Castro would start, which is also unwise considering everyone could've anticipated needing Castro for multiple innings last night.

2 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

This is so dumb why didn't you just skip his start this week then?  My guess would be they assumed Castro would start, which is also unwise considering everyone could've anticipated needing Castro for multiple innings last night.

Well whatever.

13 minutes ago, wildcard said:

108 pitches? That's pretty high I would think. 

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

Will you get to see the real  Hess on 3 days rest?

I just want to see what he looks like on the mound and the kind of pitches he throws, his demeanor, etc.    I’m not going to judge him on one start in any event.    Buck said Hess skipped his work day, so hopefully that helps.  And, there’s the adrenaline factor.  I assume they wouldn’t bring him up if they didn’t think he could compete.    

25 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

My guess is Melville did not come up partly because of money.  Vielma could have been recalled and put on the 60 day DL but that would cost the  team 400K.  Something they probably does want to do when were 10-27.

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I just want to see what he looks like on the mound and the kind of pitches he throws, his demeanor, etc.    I’m not going to judge him on one start in any event.    Buck said Hess skipped his work day, so hopefully that helps.  And, there’s the adrenaline factor.  I assume they wouldn’t bring him up if they didn’t think he could compete.    

So they changed his routine to get him his first major league start.   That probably does not help is confidence or his control.  I wish him the best.  I will be rooting for him.

39 minutes ago, Big Mac said:

Just like WE always fair so well against some unknown starter... ish happens.

Archived