TIllman to DL

LocoChris

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re obviously just paying our respects to Tillman. Maybe he wants to get into coaching?

At the end of this rehab assignment we should 100% DFA him and offer him some innings in the minors to try and figure it out. I doubt he does. But it could be a way to keep him around and transition him to a minor league coach for next season. 

He had troubles last night in single A.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris just needs to retire - or at the very least, take a season or two off, and then attempt a comeback on a minor-league deal.  Not very likely, but stranger things have happened.  As for as the Orioles go, they need to just cut bait and save him from himself, because sadly he's too competitive to admit that he needs to step away.

35 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

He had troubles last night in single A.

And it wasn't even High-A, it was freaking Aberdeen - short season A-ball, pretty much the lowest level of the minor leagues.

27 minutes ago, esmd said:

And it wasn't even High-A, it was freaking Aberdeen - short season A-ball, pretty much the lowest level of the minor leagues.

Why does baseball call three different levels A ball? Seems like Aberdeen should be "C" and Delmarva should be "B". I am going to say Tillman got lit up in C ball. 

8 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I'm still expecting Tillman to get a couple starts with the O's.  Umm, maybe he was working on some pitches in Aberdeen.

I just don’t see it, unless he pitches well in some rehab games.    I think even Buck has made that pretty clear.

10 minutes ago, atomic said:

Why does baseball call three different levels A ball? Seems like Aberdeen should be "C" and Delmarva should be "B". I am going to say Tillman got lit up in C ball. 

See, but that doesn't stick with the A, AA, AAA theme.  I'd go with A+ for Frederick, A for Delmarva, and A- for Aberdeen, lol.

1 minute ago, esmd said:

See, but that doesn't stick with the A, AA, AAA theme.  I'd go with A+ for Frederick, A for Delmarva, and A- for Aberdeen, lol.

It maybe low single A, but the 2018 #1 draft pick was one of the batters he faced.

I agree having 3 levels of Single A is very confusing for sure.

On 6/21/2018 at 8:04 AM, esmd said:

I’ve never heard of short season Rookie League referred to as A ball. Even back when I played it was called Rookie League. 

18 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

I’ve never heard of short season Rookie League referred to as A ball. Even back when I played it was called Rookie League. 

I think our Gulf Coast team in Sarasota is considered Rookie League.   I'm not sure what Aberdeen is normally designated as.

18 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I think our Gulf Coast team in Sarasota is considered Rookie League.   I'm not sure what Aberdeen is normally designated as.

Bluefield used to be Rookie League and was replaced by Gulf Coast Sarasota. 

Archived