Straight talk: Buck is not coming back for a rebuild

wildcard

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Oh please show me where you pulled that figure out of.

Forbes didn't even factor the network's assets in to this new evaluation of the franchise, but they did estimate MASN's worth at $600 million around the time Tom Clancy, a part-owner, died in 2013. When Bloomberg made a similar assessment of MLB franchises in 2013, they placed a value of $492 million on MASN, and put the club at $1.12 billion.http://www.citypaper.com/blogs/the-news-hole/bcpnews-forbes-says-the-orioles-are-worth-1-billion-but-that-doesnt-necessarily-mean-they-can-spend-more-20150326-story.html

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, El Gordo said:

Forbes didn't even factor the network's assets in to this new evaluation of the franchise, but they did estimate MASN's worth at $600 million around the time Tom Clancy, a part-owner, died in 2013. When Bloomberg made a similar assessment of MLB franchises in 2013, they placed a value of $492 million on MASN, and put the club at $1.12 billion.http://www.citypaper.com/blogs/the-news-hole/bcpnews-forbes-says-the-orioles-are-worth-1-billion-but-that-doesnt-necessarily-mean-they-can-spend-more-20150326-story.html

According to Mark Cuban ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ - today's Supreme Court ruling on sports betting just doubled the value of top sports franchises.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/14/mark-cuban-sports-team-saw-their-value-double-on-betting-decision.html

9 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Man, I'd love whatever @wildcarddrinks and/or smokes.  I'd love to wake up every day to sunshine skies and birds chirping without a care in the world no matter how grim things are.  Life would be so much easier.

It is a good life. I think he deserves his happiness.  

2 minutes ago, weams said:

MASN could be worth very little if the ultimate resolution of the court cases untethers the Nationals. 

Is that even in the court case.  I thought the court case was about how much the Nationals get paid for their TV rights.  The courts would have to void the original agreement to separate MASN from the Nationals.   That is way out of the court's power IMO.

9 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Is that even in the court case.  I thought the court case was about how much the Nationals get paid for their TV rights.  The courts would have to void the original agreement to separate MASN from the Nationals.   That is way out of the court's power IMO.

My theory is that the case breaks MASN. Not enough money to pay the Nationals going forward. 

Just now, weams said:

My theory is that the case breaks MASN. Not enough money to pay the Nationals going forward. 

My theory is that if both teams must be paid equally, MASN cannot continue as an entity. 

4 minutes ago, weams said:

My theory is that if both teams must be paid equally, MASN cannot continue as an entity. 

MLB, the Orioles and the Nationals all sign up for this deal.  Its a legal deal.  The court can adjust the money paid but it can not void the deal from what I have read.  Any ruling  by the court that put MASN in bankruptcy would never stay on appeal.

53 minutes ago, weams said:

MASN could be worth very little if the ultimate resolution of the court cases untethers the Nationals. 

That is my concern. The O's could be reduced to the "smallest" of small market teams. 

7 minutes ago, pastorfan said:

That is my concern. The O's could be reduced to the "smallest" of small market teams. 

If the league put all of the TV money in one pot and divided it equally there is not MASN problem.

1 minute ago, RZNJ said:

So you're idea is to move a guy with below average range at 2B to SS, get a 3B whose defense is declining, and hope that a kid, who has no range at 3B, can handle 2B?  And you think that should be a pretty good infield.  Is defense even slightly considered in your idea?

Dongs.

Archived