Per Heyman, Cards, D'Backs, Cubs, and Indians All Possible Suitors for Machado

wildbillhiccup

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is stuff with Manny is dumb. During the dark ages he was the type of player that we all fawned over that would change our franchise. Now we’re just going to lose him for maybe 1 top 100 propsect and a few B level guys.

Just give the guy the 10/400. He’s worth it.  Give him an opt out too.

Were not going to sign anymore FA SP. The foundation is there for a young, cheap bullpen. If we lost Manny and overpay Schoop we’re doomed. 

Let’s be real.  

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

This is stuff with Manny is dumb. During the dark ages he was the type of player that we all fawned over that would change our franchise. Now we’re just going to lose him for maybe 1 top 100 propsect and a few B level guys.

Just give the guy the 10/400. He’s worth it.  Give him an opt out too.

Were not going to sign anymore FA SP. The foundation is there for a young, cheap bullpen. If we lost Manny and overpay Schoop we’re doomed. 

Let’s be real.  

Nothing stopping us from trading him to replenish then throwing a pile of money at him in the off-season. Perhaps that makes it slightly less likely that he comes back here, but he will probably ultimately sign wherever pays him the most regardless. That’s the smartest approach we could take, IF we were willing to pay him gobs of money. I don’t believe we are willing to do so, but would be incredible if we could get a pretty nice haul of prospects then sign him back anyway. Agree too on the opt-out.

11 hours ago, birdwatcher55 said:

I don't much stock in what Heyman writes. No organization is going to hand over their top prospects for a two month rental. Fans need to get realistic.

I disagree. 

11 hours ago, spiritof66 said:

It appears from what I've read that Brady Anderson has never negotiated a trade (or any transaction with another team). Might as well start with a challenging -- and important -- one.

Seriously, unless he's got experience I don't know about, having Brady negotiate this trade or these trades would be really dumb. So I guess that's what we should expect.

Honestly, I haven't been a big fan of Duquette's trading either. Of course, trading away is different than trading to acquire so perhaps that would go better. Still, I think there's enough riding on this that it's ultimately someone named Angelos who will be doing the final negotiations. Whoever is in charge before it goes up the chain of command should--if they were smart--be using all the internal resources for assistance. That would include bouncing ideas off of people across the organization.

13 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I disagree.

We have a very good idea how much excess value Manny will provide.

It is not as if getting Manny guarantees anything and teams know that.

Like I said earlier if top producers like Manny can be had for secondary prospects why were we trading for guys like Parra?  Fact is we didn't want to give up Bundy and Gausman so we got guys that weren't very helpful.  No one is getting Manny without giving up top prospect.

3 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Amazing how our best season of the Manny era was one that he did not play.

Yep. Marlins couldn't crack .500 with Stanton. Nationals haven't been able to get past the ALDS with Harper. Angels haven't made it past the ALDS with Trout. Go figure.

Archived