Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I mean at this point, you’re throwing in the towel... so keep trotting him out there until you have properly blown up the team. What difference does it make?

Because you have an obligation to try to win games.   It's not like anyone will be worse than Tillman.   I am guessing you could find someone in Independent leagues who could pitcher better.  The Orioles have become a team of no consequences for being terrible 

3 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Untitled.jpg

Okay, I didn't watch this game at the time, but heard all about it the next day.  A couple things I forgot about that I am reminded of from the picture you posted:

The Orioles had a better record than the Rangers on this date (!?!) in 2007.

The game only took 3 hours and 21 minutes despite 33 runs being scored.

It was the first game of a DOUBLEHEADER!!!

2 minutes ago, Oriol3s said:

Okay, I didn't watch this game at the time, but heard all about it the next day.  A couple things I forgot about that I am reminded of from the picture you posted:

They came out and lost the next game, 9-7.  

The Orioles, in one day, allowed 39 runs.

An NFL offense would be THRILLED with 39 points.  Hell an NFL offense that scored 30 points a game would probably lead the league in points scored or be near the top.  

2 minutes ago, Oriol3s said:

And we were winning

Just now, OriolesMagic83 said:

I wonder if Buck works on his postgame speeches during the 8th or 9th innings of some of these debacles.

He doesn't need much prep for Gary Thorne asking him questions solo, after road games.

5 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I feel like this team needs a new slogan.  The 76ers had the slogan "Respect the Process" where they embraced losing.

I can't seem to think of a good one for the O's.  How about "More fun than watching paint dry."?

“Come to The Yard.

It hurts so good!”

33 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I mean at this point, you’re throwing in the towel... so keep trotting him out there until you have properly blown up the team. What difference does it make?

20 minutes ago, atomic said:

Because you have an obligation to try to win games.   It's not like anyone will be worse than Tillman.   I am guessing you could find someone in Independent leagues who could pitcher better.  The Orioles have become a team of no consequences for being terrible 

Yeah, I agree.  If nothing else you do it for club morale.  The fans and team deserve a better product, regardless of this team's eventual win/loss record.  Who wants to watch or play in a game when you know you are going be down 5 or 6 runs by the second inning?  Not to mention what it does to the bullpen. 

4 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

“Come to The Yard.

It hurts so good!”

The O's could make an ad campaign around the "hurt so good" slogan.

Of course John Cougar Mellencamp's song would be the song for the campaign.

Hurt so good
Come on baby make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should (damn, this line explains my love for the O's)

You make it, hurt so good

Archived