Orioles: Most inept organization in all of profesional sports?

foxfield

I didn’t expect a good season, but I didn’t expect us to be THIS bad. I think we’re getting to the point that someone has to be fired. The season is lost, but don’t you have to send some sort of message?

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ORIOLE33 said:

I didn’t expect a good season, but I didn’t expect us to be THIS bad. I think we’re getting to the point that someone has to be fired. The season is lost, but don’t you have to send some sort of message?

Fire Coolbaugh and McDowell.

26 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I feel like this team needs a new slogan.  The 76ers had the slogan "Respect the Process" where they embraced losing.

I can't seem to think of a good one for the O's.  How about "More fun than watching paint dry."?

"In Buck we suck."

"Oriole Tragic.It won't happen ".

41 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

The O's could make an ad campaign around the "hurt so good" slogan.

Of course John Cougar Mellencamp's song would be the song for the campaign.

Hurt so good
Come on baby make it hurt so good
Sometimes love don't feel like it should (damn, this line explains my love for the O's)

You make it, hurt so good

We agree. That’s what I had in mind, that song. Tom Petty’s “Even the Losers” was a close second. 

“Even the losers, get lucky sometimes. Even the losers, keep a little bit of pride. They get lucky sometimes.” 

It is past time.  Davis and Trumbo? That money was flushed when they signed them to those deals. Release them and quit paying the emotional toll forever. Trade Manny for all he is worth right now. Release Tillman. Move Mancini to first base where he belongs. Trade Jones to a contender, he deserves it. Trade Schoop for all he is worth. Play the kids. DJ, Mullins and Hays in the OF. Trade whatever veteran you can get good value for. Play the kids. For the love of all that is good, please just play the kids

49 minutes ago, ORIOLE33 said:

I mean, this team doesn’t look like it belongs on a MLB field.

That's because it doesn't. Half the players on this team, from the catcher, to the 3b, to the dh to half our OF's to the bullpen to Tillman, wouldn't make any other roster in the majors. They are mostly all still here because they are "Buck's guys".

The blame has to be on him at this point.

Just now, theobird said:

It is past time.  Davis and Trumbo? That money was flushed when they signed them to those deals. Release them and quit paying the emotional toll forever. Trade Manny for all he is worth right now. Release Tillman. Move Mancini to first base where he belongs. Trade Jones to a contender, he deserves it. Trade Schoop for all he is worth. Play the kids. DJ, Mullins and Hays in the OF. Trade whatever veteran you can get good value for. Play the kids. For the love of all that is good, please just play the kids

Bingo. We have to do the right thing for the players AND for the franchise.

18 minutes ago, allquixotic said:

The franchise should just close. Declare that it is ceasing operations and reclaiming its monetary assets. Don't move it, sell it, or rename it... just bury it. It stinks that bad.

I was telling a buddy earlier tonight that the Orioles have had some of the worst things ever in their history.  Just incompetence all around.

I don't know of any franchises that

Started a season 0-21

Finished a season 4-32

14 consecutive losing seasons

Lost a game 30-3

An owner continually considered as the worst owner in the sport

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things.

I'm sure some teams have embarrassing spots in their histories but I can't think of a crappier resume when it comes to being terrible than the Orioles.  

10 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I was telling a buddy earlier tonight that the Orioles have had some of the worst things ever in their history.  Just incompetence all around.

I don't know of any franchises that

Started a season 0-21

Finished a season 4-32

14 consecutive losing seasons

Lost a game 30-3

An owner continually considered as the worst owner in the sport

I'm sure I'm forgetting some other things.

I'm sure some teams have embarrassing spots in their histories but I can't think of a crappier resume when it comes to being terrible than the Orioles.  

Of course, we can add the game where fans were forbidden from entering in to see the game. That wasn’t on the O’s, but still part of the bizarre lows this franchise has seen. 

5 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Of course, we can add the game where fans were forbidden from entering in to see the game. That wasn’t on the O’s, but still part of the bizarre lows this franchise has seen. 

Yeah, that's not their fault.  But I agree.

I know I'm missing some other ones. 

Archived