Baltimore Sun: Angelos Story

eddie83

6 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Maybe Dan will write a tell all book about what goes behind the scenes of the Orioles management, executives, and ownership.  I predict it would be a best seller.  I know I would buy it.

I think that would be a one-way ticket to never working in major league baseball again.  Maybe he writes it long after he's retired, but not anytime soon.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 24fps said:

I have to respectfully but strongly disagree here.  I expect that the rest of the industry is fully aware of the difficulties he's had to work under and equally aware of the success he had for most of that time in spite of the extraordinarily broken organization he's worked for.  Secondly, he found a way to feed his family for ten years before the Orioles job limped into his lap, and thirdly, I don't think it's ever a good career move to consider yourself a beggar even if it happens to be true - which I don't think is the case here.

My prediction is he's working again before New Year's Day and not with the Orioles, which IMO would be good for both his career and his mental health.

I don't think we actually disagree. I'm just saying, if he was given the opportunity to come back and he didn't have any other offers, he very well may come back. I personally think he'll get another chance even though his personality holds him back a bit.

12 hours ago, 24fps said:

I have to respectfully but strongly disagree here.  I expect that the rest of the industry is fully aware of the difficulties he's had to work under and equally aware of the success he had for most of that time in spite of the extraordinarily broken organization he's worked for.  Secondly, he found a way to feed his family for ten years before the Orioles job limped into his lap, and thirdly, I don't think it's ever a good career move to consider yourself a beggar even if it happens to be true - which I don't think is the case here.

My prediction is he's working again before New Year's Day and not with the Orioles, which IMO would be good for both his career and his mental health.

I imagine that people within the industry talk. Duquette probably already has an idea of who would be interested in him once his contract is up. I agree with you and think that there's another team that will see his value amidst the O's Front Office dysfunction.

Archived