Jim Palmer just threw Chris Davis under the bus

accinfo

53 minutes ago, wildcard said:

The O's may make Davis a bench player at some in the future but I don't think they will DFA him.  They will play him vs selected pitchers.

They would have to be some really special bad pitchers to want Davis in the lineup against them. 

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Put Davis and Tillman on a field in Sarasota and make them play a never ending simulated game against each other.

The baseball equivalent of Sisyphus pushing the rock up the hill for eternity.......a lot of effort with no results

1 hour ago, foxfield said:

Im not saying I have a good source or even a reliable source, but my cousins, girl friends mother once rode in a cab and the cab driver said that he heard from a friend who heard from a friend that Buck kicked Trumbo in the knee. ;) 

Well he did drop that ball in RF and cost us Buck the game right LOL ?

13 hours ago, jabba72 said:

Thats why I dont think he gets the whole year to turn it around. A few more weeks, maybe a month, and the Orioles will be looking for another option at 1B. With Mancini and Alvarez on the team, and Moundcastle being ready as soon as next year. Davis is no longer wanted.  

Do you really think his name is “Moundcastle” or is that a typo?

not meaning to call you out or anything but I see so many people misspell it that way all of the time. 

23 minutes ago, higgybaby said:

not meaning to call you out or anything but I see so many people misspell it that way all of the time. 

He would have to pitch were that his name. 

1 hour ago, higgybaby said:

A little of both probably. I was misspelling Wieters name for awhile too. Either way its not like Mountcastle is baseball royalty or anything, like Wieters was for a year or two. 

I am a little surprised there is no chatter about what happen with Davis last night.  Roch takes note but the OH has not weighed in.

, Chris Davis lined a single into left field last night and extended his arm toward the Orioles’ dugout on the third base side as he dropped the bat and ran to first. He rounded the bag and gave coach Wayne Kirby an exaggerated fist bump.  I’m guessing that the location of the hit brought about Davis’ animated reaction.

Before the Orioles took the field for batting practice, Davis and hitting coach Scott Coolbaugh exited the clubhouse and headed to the indoor cage for some early swings. Davis joked about how he was searching for Coolbaugh.

No hard feelings, it would appear, after Hall of Famer Jim Palmer’s criticism of Davis on Wednesday night’s “O’s Xtra” on MASN included Coolbaugh allegedly saying he hadn’t worked with the first baseman over the winter. Coolbaugh told reporters in Chicago that they met up about three times.

“Chris has had great success over his time with Scott and he knows that,” manager Buck Showalter said. “It’s something that was dealt with (Thursday) very professionally by Jim and Scott and I’d like to think myself and Chris

Chris Davis was a force in 2015.  47 HR 117 RBI, 923 OPS.   He signed his 7/161m in Jan 2016.  The league adjusted with a shift to the right side and it has been down hill ever since.  Wouldn't  it be something it Chris adjusted to hitting to left field, the league shifted back and Chris becomes a force again?   And it was Jim Palmer that ignited the change in Chris Davis approach to hitting.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

I am a little surprised there is no chatter about what happen with Davis last night.  Roch takes note but the OH has not weighed in.

Chris Davis was a force in 2015.  47 HR 117 RBI, 923 OPS.   He signed his 7/161m in Jan 2016.  The league adjusted with a shift to the right side and it has been down hill ever since.  Wouldn't  it be something it Chris adjusted to hitting to left field, the league shifted back and Chris becomes a force again?   And it was Jim Palmer that ignited the change in Chris Davis approach to hitting.

Looking at the ball or even in the direction of it would certainly be a help.

Isn't Davis on a different ADD medicine than he used to take? Or is he even still using it? 

Archived