Trumbo to DL Again ( Nope - All Better)

weams

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I stand by my reasoning.  Trumbo's comment was very odd.

Different people have different reactions when they’re wrong.  Was just curious to see what yours was.   Had a feeling you weren’t the “mea culpa” type.

Just now, Aglets said:

Different people have different reactions when they’re wrong.  Was just curious to see what yours was.   Had a feeling you weren’t the “mea culpa” type.

Oh I admit I was wrong, clearly I was wrong.

But I don't think my reasoning was flawed. 

Do you have any thoughts as to way Trumbo would say what he did?

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Referring to his “you’ll have to ask Buck” comment?

Probably just heat of the moment frustration or something.  People say stuff like that when they’re upset.

27 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Ticked at the media? Disgusted with everything? It was weird. 

1 hour ago, SteveA said:

Time to put the tin foil hat on again.

Just before going off the air, Tom Davis said that now Trumbo might NOT go on the DL tomorrow.

They are going to see how he feels.

If it's only bone-on-bone osteoarthritis of the knee, there's nothing tin foil hat about it unless there are complications.  Cortisone injections directly into the knee will show results within 24 hours as will corticosteroids orally in sufficient dosages.  I speak from experience.  From what I'm told, injections are more or less effective depending on the person (not very effective for me and they wear off quickly in my case).  They are symptomatic relief and don't address the underlying problem beyond the inflammation.  That being said, they're miracle drugs as far as I'm concerned.  

13 minutes ago, 24fps said:

If it's only bone-on-bone arthritis of the knee, there's nothing tin foil hat about it unless there are complications.  Cortisone injections directly into the knee will show results within 24 hours as will corticosteroids orally in sufficient dosages.  I speak from experience.  From what I'm told, injections are more or less effective depending on the person (not very effective for me and they wear off quickly in my case).  They are symptomatic relief and don't address the underlying problem beyond the inflammation.  That being said, they're miracle drugs as far as I'm concerned.  

I have experience too.   On February 1, I had never had knee pain in my life.

On February 2, I got up from sitting at a pai gow poker  table at the Horseshoe for 3 hours and could barely walk due to pain in my right knee.

Diagnosed with arthritis in my knees (and the doctor said it was worse in my left even though I'd never felt a twinge of pain there).

Started physical therapy for 6 weeks on the right knee.   It made a huge difference.   On April 13 I walked down a flight of stairs for the first time in two months without leaning heavily on the rail and without having to put both feet on each step.   I was so pumped, it was like a milestone.   That evening I was at home, going up and down the stairs because the washing machine is in the basement and I had a couple loads of laundry to d.

I got up from the couch around 10PM to go get a load of laundry and suddenly, for the first time,  had severe pain in my LEFT knee.  Worse than the right back on Feburary 2.   Started physical therapy  from square one on my left knee, the next week, now after 5 weeks it hasn't improved as much as the right did.   I'm going down stairs like a 90 year old and the 300 yard walk into work from parking each day  is a painful ordeal.   After I complete my 6 week physical therapy on the left knee next week I'll see the doctor June 6 and see the next step -- which is probably a cortisone injection and maybe some draining of fluid.

I was just joking about the tinfoil hats because of all the talk in the thread that the injury was fake.   But I certainly understand how you can have arthritis and have no pain until suddenly out of nowhere you do.   (I'm 54 by the way).

A few years ago when i was recovering from a broken wrist I had a cortisone shot and the relief it gave was very short-lived.   We'll see what happens with the knee if that is what the doc has me do.

So anyway, my point, probably a bit convoluted because I'm on my 3rd martini of the evening, is that my tinfoil hat comment was just a joke because of all the "fake injury" talk in the thread.  Arthritis isn't fun, and from my experience I know it can lie there dormant for a long time and all of a sudden flare up out of nowhere.   I hope your arthritis is controlled and better than mine.   At this point I doubt I'll ever run or do a 10 mile hike again, I just hope I can go up and down flights of stairs without having to lean on the rail and put both feet on a step, or park up at the Penn Street garage and walk the half mile to Oriole Park without severe pain or slowing down to a ridiculously slow pace because of the pain.

35 minutes ago, SteveA said:

I have experience too.   On February 1, I had never had knee pain in my life.

On February 2, I got up from sitting at a pai gow poker  table at the Horseshoe for 3 hours and could barely walk due to pain in my right knee.

Diagnosed with arthritis in my knees (and the doctor said it was worse in my left even though I'd never felt a twinge of pain there).

Started physical therapy for 6 weeks on the right knee.   It made a huge difference.   On April 13 I walked down a flight of stairs for the first time in two months without leaning heavily on the rail and without having to put both feet on each step.   I was so pumped, it was like a milestone.   That evening I was at home, going up and down the stairs because the washing machine is in the basement and I had a couple loads of laundry to d.

I got up from the couch around 10PM to go get a load of laundry and suddenly, for the first time,  had severe pain in my LEFT knee.  Worse than the right back on Feburary 2.   Started physical therapy  from square one on my left knee, the next week, now after 5 weeks it hasn't improved as much as the right did.   I'm going down stairs like a 90 year old and the 300 yard walk into work from parking each day  is a painful ordeal.   After I complete my 6 week physical therapy on the left knee next week I'll see the doctor June 6 and see the next step -- which is probably a cortisone injection and maybe some draining of fluid.

I was just joking about the tinfoil hats because of all the talk in the thread that the injury was fake.   But I certainly understand how you can have arthritis and have no pain until suddenly out of nowhere you do.   (I'm 54 by the way).

A few years ago when i was recovering from a broken wrist I had a cortisone shot and the relief it gave was very short-lived.   We'll see what happens with the knee if that is what the doc has me do.

So anyway, my point, probably a bit convoluted because I'm on my 3rd martini of the evening, is that my tinfoil hat comment was just a joke because of all the "fake injury" talk in the thread.  Arthritis isn't fun, and from my experience I know it can lie there dormant for a long time and all of a sudden flare up out of nowhere.   I hope your arthritis is controlled and better than mine.   At this point I doubt I'll ever run or do a 10 mile hike again, I just hope I can go up and down flights of stairs without having to lean on the rail and put both feet on a step, or park up at the Penn Street garage and walk the half mile to Oriole Park without severe pain or slowing down to a ridiculously slow pace because of the pain.

I had my right knee replaced last summer and it made a huge difference.  I'm going to try Euflexxa just for the hell of it on my left knee, but I fully expect another total knee replacement within 18 months.  Flare-ups are a real thing and arthritis comes in different forms.  FWIW diet and exercise have clear benifits and it sounds like you've already figured this out.  Well except for the martini business but life is short.   If you need to drop a few pounds do so.  I'm familiar with what you're describing about stairs and and walking long distances and I don't think you will have any problems with the right treatment regimen.

Old age - not for sissies.

13 hours ago, 24fps said:

If it's only bone-on-bone osteoarthritis of the knee, there's nothing tin foil hat about it unless there are complications.  Cortisone injections directly into the knee will show results within 24 hours as will corticosteroids orally in sufficient dosages.  I speak from experience.  From what I'm told, injections are more or less effective depending on the person (not very effective for me and they wear off quickly in my case).  They are symptomatic relief and don't address the underlying problem beyond the inflammation.  That being said, they're miracle drugs as far as I'm concerned.  

Why is Trumbo playing the outfield with this condition?  No wonder he is so terrible defensively.  

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Why is Trumbo playing the outfield with this condition?  No wonder he is so terrible defensively.  

I don’t have the impression that Trumbo has had a chronic arthritis condition the whole time he’s been here.   This seems like something that is cropping up for the first time.    Or, maybe it’s just something that flares up occasionally but not all the time.   

15 hours ago, 24fps said:

I had my right knee replaced last summer and it made a huge difference.  I'm going to try Euflexxa just for the hell of it on my left knee, but I fully expect another total knee replacement within 18 months.  Flare-ups are a real thing and arthritis comes in different forms.  FWIW diet and exercise have clear benifits and it sounds like you've already figured this out.  Well except for the martini business but life is short.   If you need to drop a few pounds do so.  I'm familiar with what you're describing about stairs and and walking long distances and I don't think you will have any problems with the right treatment regimen.

Old age - not for sissies.

It sure isn't. I'm discovering that a lot now. 

Archived