Uniform of the day for Monday?

WillyM

Anybody know if the Orioles are going to wear uniforms with black and orange trim tomorrow?

Or are they going to wear uniforms with olive drab trim again - or maybe red, white, and blue trim - because Heaven forbid any major league team pass up any chance to demonstrate patriotism by wearing special uniforms on every conceivable occasion?

Memo to MLB:  I'm a veteran.  I would really like to see the Orioles wear their regular home uniforms tomorrow.  I promise that I will not be offended in the slightest.

Agreed, the service members and Jackie Robinson and such all deserve their recognition in general. Yet I roll my eyes every time MLB brings out new special-event unis. For one recipient a year, maybe, fine. But Mother’s Day and Father’s Day with equally garish colors? What next, National Pet Adoption Day unis with paw prints on the sleeves? Please, make it stop. 

7 hours ago, Roy Firestone said:

Im as proud of the men and women who gave their lives for this country as anyone, but there is some shame in what MLB is doing for the last 3 days. Its not just  mandating the wearing of that olive camo style uniform and hat. Its the disgusting marketing of it by every team: Heres the Angels:

Today is about honor and respect. Tip your @neweracap to those who’ve sacrificed to keep us safe #MemorialDay http://bit.ly/2rd8Hdp

Y'know what that is? Its a FREE ad to buy more stuff from New Era. I  know that proceeds of this gear go to some vet organizations..but they should just donate game receipts and not turn every veteran holiday like its some telethon.The fact is, MLB donates SOME of the proceeds, which is good, but they are much more in the business of their merchants getting some branding and visability. Again, thats not a crime...but this marketing over a day of respect is a turn off. I wonder if they'll do a MLK bobble head night....(with portions of the proceeds going to  ....yada yada).

Veterans are used as fake patriotism. Politicians supposedly care about the veterans but this administration was going to cut the HUD/VASH program.Backlash from an article made them change their mind.

Defense Department was actually paying the NFL to do veteran celebrations on the field till articles and Congress made them stop .The NFL could not afford this?

I work with veterans and servicemen and honestly just used as props.Some help from very few.Most people don't care..

4 hours ago, Barnaby Graves said:

"Imported."

ff_3058904alt1_full.jpg&w=2000

Pattern is nifty, I like the coloring, but what's with the stars?  Is there a meaning to them or is it just so you can look like a general who got demoted by the army to play for an awful baseball team?

5 stars = 5 branches of military.  Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard.  Salute to all of them.

5 hours ago, Barnaby Graves said:

It's the fabric of the country, to weave capitalism and patriotism together at the total expense of class and subtlety.  Wonder where those New Era caps are manufactured... just saying.

The team should just wear garbage bags regardless of the day.

They are made in China. 

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Veterans are used as fake patriotism. Politicians supposedly care about the veterans but this administration was going to cut the HUD/VASH program.Backlash from an article made them change their mind.

Defense Department was actually paying the NFL to do veteran celebrations on the field till articles and Congress made them stop .The NFL could not afford this?

I work with veterans and servicemen and honestly just used as props.Some help from very few.Most people don't care..

That's a shame too. 

15 hours ago, Barnaby Graves said:

It's the fabric of the country, to weave capitalism and patriotism together at the total expense of class and subtlety.  Wonder where those New Era caps are manufactured... just saying.

The team should just wear garbage bags regardless of the day.

It pisses me off. Take a moment to think, honor, contemplate the sacrifice and how you relate to it. It is painful and difficult to do.

The opposite of most of what we see on Memorial Day. It is an opportunity to sell something and make you feel crappy if you don’t buy it.

Archived