The Trades are Coming

weams

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly as long as he is good for the next few weeks, the time off this spring is simply a plus for his trade value.  First pitch strikes, a high zone percentage and bowling ball low spin rates like almost only he can do are my June hopes.  

The Jose Quintana-Eloy Jimenez kickoff last year was the All-Star break - that should be enough time for him to show if the stuff is live and can hold up for a month.  He's the simpler straightforward one I'm hopeful can get completed before the final few deadline days.

I'd like to be surprised if we're still holding everyone July 29th, but the one thing I'm pretty sure of is we can't execute a big trade everyday July 28-31.

With that being said, I also do expect at least one to go down the last few hours the afternoon of July 31.  I imagine our choice to put E-Rod up for Miller in 2014 was in the last 12-24 hours, and we'll hope for that last minute stretch on one of our pieces.

2 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

We're all in for a big disappointment when Angelos steps in and nixes deals.  

I think the circumstances are so extreme this year that Angelos may just stay out of the way.   

Just now, Frobby said:

I think the circumstances are so extreme this year that Angelos may just stay out of the way.   

Hope so.  I have my doubts.  If I can put myself in PGA's shoes and allow myself to think like a complete dolt for a few minutes, I think his logic will be "We need Jones, Manny, others in Baltimore through the end of the year to save a terrible season and appeal to the common fan who won't understand why we'd trade them away." 

Looks like we are still "all in, buyer mode"....lol

Ken Rosenthal: "#Orioles have explored possibility of signing Hanley Ramirez, sources tell The Athletic. Level of interest unclear. Also unclear: How Hanley would fit on roster with C. Davis, Trumbo and Alvarez. Duquette signed Hanley originally for #RedSox."

Archived