It might be a while before we see Mullins with the O's.

wildcard

27 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Terrible thread to start after 20 AB’s. Mullins now raking.

... in his last 15 ABs, lol.

I mean, if we're gonna think wildcard's a bit silly for paying attention to 20 bad ABs, we also shouldn't draw any conclusions from 15 good ones.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/7/2018 at 8:11 PM, Moose Milligan said:

Well, I think anyone who thinks that Mullins will be an offensive force to be reckoned with should step back and re-adjust their expectations to begin with.  

I don't think anyone thinks that.  If he can just hold his own with the bat but actually get to fly balls that a good CF should get to that would be a huge improvement.

2 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

... in his last 15 ABs, lol.

I mean, if we're gonna think wildcard's a bit silly for paying attention to 20 bad ABs, we also shouldn't draw any conclusions from 15 good ones.

I just want the glove up.

I mean can he hit worse than Mancini is right now?

30 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Terrible thread to start after 20 AB’s. Mullins now raking.

Like it or not Mullins is currently hitting 205/295/385/680.    That will not get him promoted.  He is have to do much better.  So again, it might be a while.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I just want the glove up.

I mean can he hit worse than Mancini is right now?

No disagreement here - unless they think he'll benefit long term by getting some ABs against AAA pitching.  As much as I want to see real outfielders playing the outfield, his long term development is more important than improving the Orioles right now.

1 minute ago, glenn__davis said:

No disagreement here - unless they think he'll benefit long term by getting some ABs against AAA pitching.  As much as I want to see real outfielders playing the outfield, his long term development is more important than improving the Orioles right now.

My concern isn't improving the Orioles so much as making them slightly more watchable.

Selfish I know, but that is where I am as a fan right now.

On 6/7/2018 at 3:34 PM, Can_of_corn said:

If Mullins isn't ready by September you can him up anyway and use him as a pinch runner and defensive replacement.

I'm not sure if teams in danger of losing 100 games call up are allowed to call up players to use as pinch runners and defensive replacements.  

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I think Stewart and Yaz are ahead on Mullins for promotion

This is the guy who will and is coming up in about a week. Please stop mentioning other players that are less deserving. Soon the talented and gifted one will arrive.

Outfielder Colby Ramsus (hip) has eight days remaining on his rehab assignment, Showalter said, and he might not be activated until that time is up.

"He's eligible anytime, but the end of his rehab is [June] 20th," Showalter said. "So, anytime between now and the 20th. That's the way I have it figured. I could be wrong. That's what I've got on the board, between now and the 20th."

Rasmus came off the bench Monday for High-A Frederick and wasn't in the lineup for the first game of Tuesday's doubleheader. He's 4-for-28 over eight rehab games between Frederick and Double-A Bowie.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-notes-chris-davis-sits-20180612-story.html

1 minute ago, Going Underground said:

This is the guy who will and is coming up in about a week. Please stop mentioning other players that are less deserving. Soon the talented and gifted one will arrive.

Outfielder Colby Ramsus (hip) has eight days remaining on his rehab assignment, Showalter said, and he might not be activated until that time is up.

"He's eligible anytime, but the end of his rehab is [June] 20th," Showalter said. "So, anytime between now and the 20th. That's the way I have it figured. I could be wrong. That's what I've got on the board, between now and the 20th."

Rasmus came off the bench Monday for High-A Frederick and wasn't in the lineup for the first game of Tuesday's doubleheader. He's 4-for-28 over eight rehab games between Frederick and Double-A Bowie.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-notes-chris-davis-sits-20180612-story.html

That would be the most Buck move ever, but I still don't think his hip holds up.

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Like it or not Mullins is currently hitting 205/295/385/680.    That will not get him promoted.  He is have to do much better.  So again, it might be a while.

Well I think it was going to be a while regardless of how he did in his first 10 games at Norfolk.  They weren't going to promote him there then bring him to Baltimore 2 weeks later.  My guess is he comes up sometime after the trade deadline, particularly if we manage to find a taker for Jones.

3 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

That would be the most Buck move ever, but I still don't think his hip holds up.

I think Buck has this thing with veterans and will give Rasmus one more chance. Thinks rookies if performing will get their chance sooner or later. i think if Mullins is hitting that he will be up by August 1st.

Archived