Yefry Ramirez 2018

SteveA

3 hours ago, scbalt52 said:

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-yefry-ramirez-debut-20180613-story.html

I'm excited to see how Yefry does today and in the future for us. Not sure why, but I have some hope for him. Maybe it is just an interesting name. He's got a 4.33 ERA in Norfolk but some other stats are solid looking. 2.98 BB/9, 1.21 WHIP, 9.4 K/9, .230 avg against. I'd like to hear some more insight from our experts on how he looks if they've seen him and what his repertoire is. It would also be great to steal a prospect from the Yanks and actually get some use from our int'l money (we traded int'l money to Yankees for him last year). Go Yefry!

Hope he does well too. 

5 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Hope he does well too. 

6 strikeouts in 4.1 innings, only 4 hits.   Not a bad outing for an ML debut vs a good lineup.

You posted "hope he does well" just about the time he was being taken out of the game!

Yeah seemed like a fine start against a tough lineup. And even tried to fit in as a true Oriole giving up a homer to Betts. Happy with the start would like to see him get some more. Him and Hess have both surprised me they were down the list of exciting Orioles pitching prospects which is great. Obviously small sample sizes though especially for Yefry.

Archived