Sisco optioned to Norfolk

SteveA

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

True. Chance has been regressing with throwing out runners. 

I woudk also say we have more catching options then ready OF players. Plus Trey is more of a run producer.  

As opposed to Caleb (21%)?

I'm fine with Sisco getting sent down.  He isn't performing.

But neither is Mancini and with Stewart and Mullins sitting in the minors I'd like to see a change.

Sisco 16 RBI, 12 runs in 141 PA, Mancini 18 RBI, 32 runs in 286 PS.  Which one is producing more runs?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

They would have to keep him down for a considerable amount of time.

I'd assume him just stay up and learn then. He had a good OBPand was improving behind the plate.

Sending down struggling rookies isn't something teams as bad as the Orioles should do. Especially to replace them with veterans struggling in the minors.

17 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I'd assume him just stay up and learn then. He had a good OBPand was improving behind the plate.

Sending down struggling rookies isn't something teams as bad as the Orioles should do. Especially to replace them with veterans struggling in the minors.

Also not sure if there is anything that went on behind the scenes. He wasn't scratched until game time, wasn't seen at all (Chris Davis, of all people, warmed up Bundy while Wynns got his gear on between innings,) and then Buck has a curious answer during the less conference and then this.

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Also not sure if there is anything that went on behind the scenes. He wasn't scratched until game time, wasn't seen at all (Chris Davis, of all people, warmed up Bundy while Wynns got his gear on between innings,) and then Buck has a curious answer during the less conference and then this.

It's being reported he was scratched due to an illness.

We’re getting into the dog days of summer. Why run Sisco into the ground?  We gain a year of control. He can go to AAA to work on a few things. No sense to burn him out this year. The last thing we need is an injury to him. This move makes sense by itself and doesn’t have to be compared to Mancini. 

4 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We’re getting into the dog days of summer. Why run Sisco into the ground?  We gain a year of control. He can go to AAA to work on a few things. No sense to burn him out this year. The last thing we need is an injury to him. This move makes sense by itself and doesn’t have to be compared to Mancini. 

He's started 33 games.

He isn't being run into the ground.

Not even close.

I'm fine with him being sent down but come one, suggesting he's been overworked?

5 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I agree, but maybe they will play Mancini at 1st more with the Davis benching. That could have something to do with it. 

They've had Corban there 2 of the 3 games so far. There was also talk of Valencia playing first when Beckham comes back.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Can't argue with it, just don't understand why he is the only one.

I said he should started at AAA and he wasn’t ready but everyone thought he was the next AL All-Star starting catcher.

Having said that, not really sure what sending him down now does...

2 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

I said he should started at AAA and he wasn’t ready but everyone thought he was the next AL All-Star starting catcher.

Buys a year of control. Get's his hitting stroke back. 

6 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

If by everyone you mean no one.

The whole thing seems a bit off to me.  I think something else happened that we won't ever know about.

Archived