A lot of player movement coming

wildcard

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Of course, now Britt is reporting how the Orioles are going to wait their 48 hours and determine if Rasmus should be brought back or DFA'ed.

I think sometime around 4 PM Friday is when they are picking from the hat.

Bring him back put him in center until his hips give out again.

6 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Of course, now Britt is reporting how the Orioles are going to wait their 48 hours and determine if Rasmus should be brought back or DFA'ed.

I think sometime around 4 PM Friday is when they are picking from the hat.

And positivity on my part NEVER extends to 28 through 33 year olds that have never made a substantial major league impact other than some brief fielding metric voodoo. 

15 minutes ago, weams said:

And positivity on my part NEVER extends to 28 through 33 year olds that have never made a substantial major league impact other than some brief fielding metric voodoo. 

Nah, you just remain positive on 23 year olds with severe defensive questions who got exposed higher in the minors and severely overmatched in the majors.

It happens.

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Nah, you just remain positive on 23 year olds with severe defensive questions who got exposed higher in the minors and severely overmatched in the majors.

It happens.

Caleb Joseph was a "can't catch" until age 27.  Guys with tools can learn a thing or two. They just can't get old. The world hates old. 

4 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

It happens.

Which particular 23 year old are we bemoaning now? 

I think its time for Mike Wright to go too.  He hasn't been terrible lately, but he's still been the definition of mediocre in that span with too many hits and walks.  I don't even really think his fastball is playing up to the standards of a 1 inning "power" reliever. The guy's also 28 and not part of the future.  I say bring up Hart and keep him here.

With Wilkerson up, I think Peterson can go too.  Again, he's been solid this month, but he's 28 and expendable. Even if Wilkerson doesn''t perform, Beckham will be back soon too.  Peterson isn't part of the rebuild.

Rasmus just needs to be cut because his returning from the DL to this team is the most "meh" thing ever.  He's definitely, 100% useless to this team moving forward. 

I say stick with Gentry and Rickard for the moment.  I'm with Weams, wait till some trades happen before we rush anything else.   Unless they can talk Davis into a DL stint, I wouldn't mess with much else until the trades.  If they can get Davis to the DL, I'd call up Yaz or Stewart.

2 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

I think its time for Mike Wright to go too.  He hasn't been terrible lately, but he's still been the definition of mediocre in that span with too many hits and walks.  I don't even really think his fastball is playing up to the standards of a 1 inning "power" reliever. The guy's also 28 and not part of the future.  I say bring up Hart and keep him here.

With Wilkerson up, I think Peterson can go too.  Again, he's been solid this month, but he's 28 and expendable. Even if Wilkerson doesn''t perform, Beckham will be back soon too.  Peterson isn't part of the rebuild.

Rasmus just needs to be cut because his returning from the DL to this team is the most "meh" thing ever.  He's definitely, 100% useless to this team moving forward. 

I say stick with Gentry and Rickard for the moment.  I'm with Weams, wait till some trades happen before we rush anything else.   Unless they can talk Davis into a DL stint, I wouldn't mess with much else until the trades.  If they can get Davis to the DL, I'd call up Yaz or Stewart.

I'm all for Stewart.  Rasmus looks healthy. I bet they need a major leaguer name or two on the team after Peter's Birthday. 

"Thomas Jefferson survives"

Archived