You have to admit, we picked a pretty good year to be horrible

Frobby

2 hours ago, 99ct said:

I read that article even before you linked it. Felt like I got click-baited by the title referring to a "flawed" rule. The author doesnt like the fact that, probably, a 100+ win team will face a single game elimination in the wild card. Personally I think it makes for great excitement. I don't think disliking a rule makes it a "flaw." 

The 100 win 1980 Orioles would love to have had a 1 game shot to get into the postseason.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/20/2018 at 9:46 AM, Aglets said:

Probably the best time to be this terrible is when you have the next Ken Griffey Jr coming up in the draft.   Guess that doesn't happen that often though.

In scanning the prospect lists... some places have us continuing to suck enough to keep the #1 spot... Then they have us taking Bobby Witt, Jr., the top-ranked shortstop. He looks like he weighs about 80 pounds. But apparently he's super-toolsy and projectable. 

But we're not even talking about the international signing period, which begins soon. The Orioles are attached to precisely ZERO talent in the "second half" of the draft. They're literally drawing from one pool versus two. I find that disgusting, actually, as a longtime fan. 

It could be the single biggest factor holding this organization back. The lineup of international talent this year looks promising, too. 

On 6/20/2018 at 9:46 AM, Aglets said:

Probably the best time to be this terrible is when you have the next Ken Griffey Jr coming up in the draft.   Guess that doesn't happen that often though.

Actually, this might be the year!

https://www.perfectgame.org/Players/PlayerProfile.aspx?ID=386157

Of course, the O's could actually screw this up by winning just enough games to not land the top pick....   Although trading Manny could help the cause...

Archived