AP: Orioles Find Their Disappointing Season ‘Mind-Boggling’

Can_of_corn

https://www.apnews.com/e2a49e6cb5254ec089b156d326a8ec38/Orioles-find-their-disappointing-season-'mind-boggling'

We had really high hopes, as most teams do, especially in spring training,” slugger Mark Trumbo said. “Our offense was really firing, and we had both Cashner and Cobb coming into the fold to go with a similar group of guys from the last couple years.

It’s kind of mind-boggling,” reliever Zach Britton said. “It’s tough. We thought we’d be fighting for a playoff spot, and we’re not even halfway through and we’re already close to being mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

“I can’t remember being in this type of situation here, maybe my first year in 2011 when we were pretty bad from the get-go. But I don’t even think it was this bad, and this roster has a lot of talent on it.

If you just run the same roster out there the whole year, you don’t do yourself any justice,” said the 30-year-old Britton, who’s in the final season of his contract and a likely trading chip. “It’s unfortunate for some of the guys who are going to be affected by it, but it’s the nature of the beast. When you don’t play well, people get replaced by younger players.

Don't see AP do a lot of baseball stories.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

So basically Britton feels like he's part of the losing season even though he hasn't been here most of the year, while Rasmus thinks we're 0-1 and can even our record at .500 with a win tonight?

Archived