Pending roster move for Thursday?

Legend_Of_Joey

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Another reliever will come up tomorrow I am sure. If it is Yacabonis then he can’t start Thursday.  

Lee and Ramirez are only 2 pitchers on 40 man that aren’t hurt. 

They can still use it to recall Yacabonis. Either he starts Thursday or Castro/Wright does. Either way, its a bullpen spot.

My guess is, they were holding Gentrys DL move until then for that very reason. Now that O'Day got hurt, they can DL them both, have Rickard and Yacabonis come up and hold onto them for the 10 days until Bundy and *insert another injured person* come back.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

They can still use it to recall Yacabonis. Either he starts Thursday or Castro/Wright does. Either way, its a bullpen spot.

My guess is, they were holding Gentrys DL move until then for that very reason. Now that O'Day got hurt, they can DL them both, have Rickard and Yacabonis come up and hold onto them for the 10 days until Bundy and *insert another injured person* come back.

Yacabonis confirmed he will be the starter.

3 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Non displaced fracture.

Hopefully someone with more medical knowledge can chime in with what that actually means.

Not a serious injury, no treatment other than rest really, but could be either a quick recovery or take a while.

2 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Why call up Yacabonis tomorrow though if he is starting Thursday?  

We will see someone else tomorrow and then that person or Hart goes down for Yacabonis on Thursday.  

6 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Why call up Yacabonis tomorrow though if he is starting Thursday?  

We will see someone else tomorrow and then that person or Hart goes down for Yacabonis on Thursday.  

Probably due to the "Taxi Squad" rules:

A club can recall a player from a minor league Optional Assignment and place the player on its "Taxi Squad" for one day. If the player is not added to his club's MLB Active List by 3 PM (Eastern) the next day or at least three hours prior to the scheduled start of the next day's game (whichever is later), the player must be removed from the Taxi Squad and returned to his minor league assignment

1 minute ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Probably due to the "Taxi Squad" rules:

A club can recall a player from a minor league Optional Assignment and place the player on its "Taxi Squad" for one day. If the player is not added to his club's MLB Active List by 3 PM (Eastern) the next day or at least three hours prior to the scheduled start of the next day's game (whichever is later), the player must be removed from the Taxi Squad and returned to his minor league assignment

Was he placed on it though?  

20 minutes ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Non displaced fracture.

Hopefully someone with more medical knowledge can chime in with what that actually means.

Well, non-displaced is better than displaced.

I had a non-displaced fracture of my radial bone in my wrist.   The x-ray showed a crack at the top of the bone about half an inch long.   So I didn't need any surgery to set it, I just had to have a cast for 4 weeks while it healed and other than some PT to strengthen the hand after the cast came off, I was good to go.

A displaced fracture is worse because it has to be set.   PIcture an x-ray where a bone is broken clear through and the two halves don't line up with each other.

Of course he can't wear a cast on his ribs, so he just has to stay pretty inactive for a while until it heals.

20 hours ago, atomic said:

Or get rid of the DH in the minors and the American League so guys know how to run the bases without getting injured 

Pitchers batting is stupid. The fact that you can pitch around or walk an actual hitter before getting to your awful pitcher batting is not strategy, it's just stupid. MLB needs to use DH across all of baseball and expand the roster to 26 players.

19 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Pitchers batting is stupid. The fact that you can pitch around or walk an actual hitter before getting to your awful pitcher batting is not strategy, it's just stupid. MLB needs to use DH across all of baseball and expand the roster to 26 players.

Absolutely. All this talk of strategy is for two games in October or Novenber only. 

Archived