Nightingale: Dodgers in lead for Manny

Rene88

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Roll Tide said:

Saw and article in Camdenchat that said the sources about narrowing down to Phillies, Diamondbacks, and led by Dodgers are coming from inside the warehouse. Seems to indicate things are legitimately getting close. 

Personally I don’t know how the Dbacks stack up. Unless they are willing to throw in an extra player it to because they can’t match the quality.

i think you can get a nice 3-4 player deal from either.

Keep hearing Verdrugo being named which would be a good get. I just think they could do better overall by avoiding him.

I only wish Angelos was in on trading him. Manny should have been traded already. Want get much in return for a rental. If Manny is traded there is guarantee Manny wound sign long term. I really think Manny wants to go FA.

Just now, Tx Oriole said:

I only wish Angelos was in on trading him. Manny should have been traded already. Want get much in return for a rental. If Manny is traded there is guarantee Manny wound sign long term. I really think Manny wants to go FA.

Crap I meant no guarantee.

21 hours ago, jamalshw said:

There's certainly motivation, but not a great track record of aggressive deadline deals by the current LA front office. I do think the Dodgers match up well in terms of prospects, however, so I'm hopeful.

They traded their number 3 prospect last year who was also a top 50 prospect in Calhoun just last year for the rental of Darvish.  They also traded away DeLeon and Holmes in the last few years who were in their top ahead of guys like Buehler Bellinger and Verdugo at the time for rentals as well.  So guessing those guys were in discussion in those trades but other teams chose other players. They have traded away some of their top talent at the time for rentals before they just had a deep system. 

31 minutes ago, Tx Oriole said:

Everything we are reading from multiple outlets says the Price is high.

From the Dodger Blue article:

his doesn’t even mention the prospect cost, which is sure to be significant (but not as high as you might think). I’m guessing it’d take Alex Verdugo and a couple pitching prospects (Yadier Alvarez, Caleb Ferguson, Dustin May, Dennis Santana, Jordan Sheffield, Mitchell White) to get the Orioles interested. Oh, and the Dodgers would have to find a way to fit his salary (around $8 million presently) under the luxury tax.

I'd drive Manny to LA for Verdugo, White,and Ferguson. If you can get a 4th like Gonsolin or Drew Jackson it is a really great win for the Orioles.

**** Pay Mannys salary and accept Verdrugo, White, Ferguson, Gonsolin, and Lux/Jackson. The Orioles would ge getting three for Manny and buying two more for 8 million dollars. A very sound move IMO

Heyman keeps name-dropping the Cubs but that deal is almost impossible- O's want prospects (Pitching Prospects to boot) and the Cubs best prospects are hurt and not even that intriguing anyway. Trade makes even less sense now that Addison Russell has found his swing and Javier Baez was/is a non-starter to begin with... Almora was rumored a while ago but is viewed as 'Manny bait' for the Cubs and is currently leading the NL in BA.

Ian Happ is really the only piece that would make sense but even then it wouldn't be worth it for either club, The O's would need more and the Cubs have more versatility with Happ. You can safely cross the Cubs off the list barring a serious Bryant injury.

18 hours ago, Ballmer Bruce said:

As life long O's fan now in the desert hope Dbacks pull the trigger on Manny even though he would be a rental.  Corbin will be in NY next year so they need to go all in this year to win WS.

The Diamondbacks are the least attractive team in regards to the players available to the Os. 

If players like Verdugo, White, and Ferguson are available from the Dodgers and De Los Santos, Suarez,  Medina,  from the Phillies I can't see how the Diamondbacks are even in the conversation except to extract more from LA.

Archived