Nightingale: Dodgers in lead for Manny

Rene88

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, bird watcher said:

What happens If a player is selected for the allstar game and is traded before the game?  AL-AL team I’d guess just a uniform change. What about AL-NL?  Multiple players at the same position?  Lacking that position starter on the AL team?

Not sure if it’s the fair thing, but if he has more votes than the NL SS,  if he doesn’t get the start for the NL, he should surely be allowed on the team. So that it would not be at the expense of someone voted or named to the NL squad, I guess he is put on the NL team (an extra roster spot is allowed) but doesn’t get the start, but does get two at bats. 

9 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

I am looking at Verdugo. I see low power numbers in the PCL. Looks like a lefty version of Joey Rickard on paper. What am I missing? Is this the best we can do?

I’m not crazy about Verdugo either, but Verdugo made his major league debut at a younger age than when Rickard was drafted and is still just 22, really not comparable.

58 minutes ago, atomic said:

Did you read the article:

"and are in desperate need of help at shortstop. Orlando Arcia, who was benched Tuesday night for Brad Miller, is hitting .198 with a .230 on-base percentage and .255 slugging percentage."

Do you believe everything you read? Milwaukee has the 17th best offense in baseball (i.e., middle of the pack). Their rotation is a collection of no. 3 / 4 starters. If they're going to make a big trade it's much more likely to be for an ace then a high end SS. 

I know how the Orioles loooooove to wait to do things, but it really is a case of the sooner the better here.  Start a bidding war between LAD and AZ, tkae the best offer, and be done with it.  I'm sick of watching Orioles games with my one and only hope being that Manny escapes unscathed.

29 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

Not sure if it’s the fair thing, but if he has more votes than the NL SS,  if he doesn’t get the start for the NL, he should surely be allowed on the team. So that it would not be at the expense of someone voted or named to the NL squad, I guess he is put on the NL team (an extra roster spot is allowed) but doesn’t get the start, but does get two at bats. 

He couldn't be troubled to come to FanFest and now we want to go out of our way to get him on the all-star team. My oh me we have short memories. 

Archived