Sisco up; Wynns down?

wildcard

7 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I like Hart too. The guy has a career 2.88 ERA. If used in the right role he can get results. LOOGY, with occasionally being able to get some RH outs, and it blowouts he can go eat 2 IP. 

We paid Matusz millions for a couple seasons to do that. At least Hart was nails in the 2016 WC game. Matusz gave up an Lefty v. Lefty bomb to Moustakas in Game one of the ALCS in 2014. 

Agree completely.  This guy earned a full time role in 2016 in my opinion, but as a LOOGY.  Looking at his splits he's faced 141 Righthanded batters (.305 avg/.783 OPS) compared to 156 Left handers (.235 Avg/ .635 OPS).  Struck out only 13 of those righties compared to 31 of the lefties.  What is that junk?  This is essentially at 50/50 split, so at the moment, Donnie Hart is not at LOOGY.

If used correctly, I still say he's a poor man's Jessie Orosco.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Caleb 4.94 CERA

Sisco 5.05 CERA

Susac 4.05 CERA

Wynns 4.58 CERA

Seems insignificant difference.   I bet Susac and Wynn would be higher if they caught when Tillman and Wright were starting.

3 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Had more hits in the same number of at bats as Susac. 

If he and Joseph were competing, it sucked as a competition. Started only 1 game since Joseph came back and only played in 3. One start, the 15 inning game, and as a defensive replacement the other night.

If it is Susac coming up, like Roch reported before deleting it, I'm really going to be pissed. I'd be better with Sisco at this point.

It was always sisco. 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think there’s a reason Buck hasn’t shared.   Remember that comment about how Sisco hadn’t slept for several nights in a row?     He was in the starting lineup, then pulled, then optioned.    Something odd there for which there is probably an explanation that we’ll never hear.   

Yep.   And I believe he came back up as soon as the required minimum 10 days had elapsed.

So a 10 day stint in the minors under unusual circumstances.   This isn't about Wynns, it's about Sisco.

Here's the justification from Buck:

“I know Caleb’s, I wouldn’t say running on empty, but Caleb’s been catching every day and it’s a quick turn around with a day game,” Showalter said. “In a perfect world I would have liked to have given Chance a day to get settled in, but Caleb’s pretty banged up. That ball he took in the throat the other night ... it’s been tough. He’s been catching every day almost.”

Sisco went 6-for-17 with one home run in five games with Norfolk and 0-for-10 throwing out runners attempting to steal, though blame doesn’t always fall on the catcher.

“Chance went down there and did what we asked him to do and we got him back and we’ll play him and Caleb,” Showalter said. “It won’t necessarily be a strict platoon, but could be, depending on how it falls. We know we’re getting right, left, right against Anaheim. We know they only have two left-handed hitters. It’s more about today now, but we’re going to make use of all their skills and keep them all in the mix.

“And also, part of Chance’s development is two steps forward, one step back. We’ll keep trying to do what’s best for his long-term development and success.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/orioles-notes-on-rest-days-roster-moves-and-more.html

35 minutes ago, Aglets said:

Here's the justification from Buck:

“I know Caleb’s, I wouldn’t say running on empty, but Caleb’s been catching every day and it’s a quick turn around with a day game,” Showalter said. “In a perfect world I would have liked to have given Chance a day to get settled in, but Caleb’s pretty banged up. That ball he took in the throat the other night ... it’s been tough. He’s been catching every day almost.”

Sisco went 6-for-17 with one home run in five games with Norfolk and 0-for-10 throwing out runners attempting to steal, though blame doesn’t always fall on the catcher.

“Chance went down there and did what we asked him to do and we got him back and we’ll play him and Caleb,” Showalter said. “It won’t necessarily be a strict platoon, but could be, depending on how it falls. We know we’re getting right, left, right against Anaheim. We know they only have two left-handed hitters. It’s more about today now, but we’re going to make use of all their skills and keep them all in the mix.

“And also, part of Chance’s development is two steps forward, one step back. We’ll keep trying to do what’s best for his long-term development and success.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2018/06/orioles-notes-on-rest-days-roster-moves-and-more.html

Buck was fine platooning when Sisco is up, then ran Joseph into the ground while leaving the rookie on the bench, then says Joseph is banged up and tired.

F*ck Showalter. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am hoping beyond hope that Chance Sisco can put it back together and be somebody at the ML level. Very much a let down at this time. I am not ready to give up on him yet, but his bat has not played at all at the ML level. Hoping the kid doesn't fall into the AAAA hole.

7 minutes ago, theobird said:

I am hoping beyond hope that Chance Sisco can put it back together and be somebody at the ML level. Very much a let down at this time. I am not ready to give up on him yet, but his bat has not played at all at the ML level. Hoping the kid doesn't fall into the AAAA hole.

Its a process and it takes time.    He'll be back.

5 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

You can add Sisco to the long list of disaappointments for this year. What is up with the Orioles hitters this year? It seems like most of them have forgotten how to hit. It is absolutely mind boggling.

I’m not a big “fire the coach” guy, but with so many guys underperforming drastically, I’d fire Coolbaugh at the break.    Should’ve happened already (along with firing Buck).    

59 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I’m not a big “fire the coach” guy, but with so many guys underperforming drastically, I’d fire Coolbaugh at the break.    Should’ve happened already (along with firing Buck).    

Buck's record with the O's is now only 10 games above .500. Letting him go now could be an act of mercy.

Archived