Come November who will be on the O's

wildcard

From the viewpoint of halfway  through the season,  What will be O's look like after the seeson?

Players that will be gone from the 40 man roster:   (12 players)  Manny, Jones, Britton, Brach, Tillman,  Rasmus, Valencia, Gentry, Sardinas, Susac (out of options), Lee, Corban Joesph 

Which player over 30 will still be with the team: (7 players)  O'Day,  Davis, Trumbo (salary to high to trade for his production), Caleb Joseph, Bleier,  Cashner. Cobb

Starters: (8) Bundy, Gausman, Cobb, Cashner, Hess, Ramirez, Yacabonis. Harvey

Relievers:(12)  Givens, O'Day, Castro, Scott, Wright, Hart, Bleier, Meisinger, Fry,  Araujo, Kline, Luis Gonzalez

Pitchers on the Bubble: Ynoa (out of options),  Must be protected or expose to Rule 5 draft ( Means, Love, Brian Gonzalez)

Catchers: (3) Sisco, Joseph, Wynns

Infielders: (7) Davis, Schoop, Beckham, Wilkerson, Peterson, Dosch, Vielma

Outfielders: (6) Mancini, Stewart, Mullins, Santander, Rickard, Hays

DH: (1) Trumbo

On the Bubble: Wilson Garcia, Randolph Gassaway

Players that should not to be added because they don't have enough service time:  Akin, Mountcastle, McKenna

That is 37 players on the 40 man roster.   

Players will be acquired in the trades of Manny, Britton, Jones and maybe Valencia

I am more interested in seeing if they go the entire month of July without doing anything of consequence.  They have already spent 3 full months doing absolutely nothing while compiling a mighty 23 wins.  Who is to say July will be any different?

12 minutes ago, jtschrei said:

Bleak. The roster and outlook for next year is bleak. 

Agreed.  I think the big thing next year is seeing the dividends of the Machado trade in the minors.   I hope that all the guys acquired do NOT have any Major League service time so they can be around for the next good Orioles team.

I also agree with mdbdotcom above.  The most important thing is who will be guiding this team's decision making process.  

1 hour ago, jtschrei said:

Bleak. The roster and outlook for next year is bleak. 

Maybe not as bleak as it appears.

Mullins is hitting .325 with a 395 OBP in his last 11 games at AAA.    It took a little while for him to adjust but he seems to be doing fine.

Stewart has  a .367 OBP and a 826 OPS in 209 at bat.   He has a 858 OPS away from Habor Park.

The pen may have a lot of depth with Fry, Meisinger, Kline and Gonzalez plus Ramirez, Yacabonis and Hess that may add length to the pen if they are not starting.

The team will miss Manny and Jones but Britton and Brach has not done a whole lot of the team this year.    There will be a lot of players with a lot of options that can move back and forth from AAA.

1 hour ago, JR Oriole said:

I am more interested in seeing if they go the entire month of July without doing anything of consequence.  They have already spent 3 full months doing absolutely nothing while compiling a mighty 23 wins.  Who is to say July will be any different?

It won't. IMO 

1 hour ago, clapdiddy said:

Agreed.  I think the big thing next year is seeing the dividends of the Machado trade in the minors.   I hope that all the guys acquired do NOT have any Major League service time so they can be around for the next good Orioles team.

I also agree with mdbdotcom above.  The most important thing is who will be guiding this team's decision making process.  

There is no telling who Angelos and Brady get for GM and Manager. I do hope both DD and Buck are gone. I like DD and Buck. Just feel time is past for those two.

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

Maybe not as bleak as it appears.

Mullins is hitting .325 with a 395 OBP in his last 11 games at AAA.    It took a little while for him to adjust but he seems to be doing fine.

Stewart has  a .367 OBP and a 826 OPS in 209 at bat.   He has a 858 OPS away from Habor Park.

The pen may have a lot of depth with Fry, Meisinger, Kline and Gonzalez plus Ramirez, Yacabonis and Hess that may add length to the pen if they are not starting.

The team will miss Manny and Jones but Britton and Brach has not done a whole lot of the team this year.    There will be a lot of players with a lot of options that can move back and forth from AAA.

I agree with this. They have some pieces in the minor leagues to help next year. I think this year was a case of a poorly constructed aging roster. I think they'll be younger and better next year. Probably not in contention but not 115 losses bad

Archived