Come November who will be on the O's

wildcard

Wilkerson, Peterson, (Caleb) Joseph, Wright, and Dosch should all be vulnerable if there's a roster crunch. I would expect virtually zero chance all five of those are still on the 40-man in November (though much better odds they are still in the organization).

I also don't see the O's hesitating for a second to waive Rickard, Ynoa, Vielma, or Yacabonis if the need presented itself.

O'Day, Davis, and Cobb are virtually untradeable, and I doubt Cashner or Schoop would bring back enough return to justify the O's pulling the trigger. I do believe Trumbo is tradeable and there could be talks on Bleier but the O's will choose to keep him.

1 hour ago, theocean said:

Schoop is playing so terribly that the O's should wait until he hopefully rebuilds some of his value. He's not going to bring back much at the moment.

Funny thing is that Schoop will get at least a 10% raise next year..

Honestly, I don't believe this team is as bad as our record says right now. We need to have the guts to sit Davis or cut him. We have four decent SP-Bundy, Gausman, Cobb and Cashner. Our BP will need some decent arms but it won't be horrific. I like Sisco at Catcher. Put Mancini at 1B, Schoop at 2B with an OF: Mullins and Hays. Trumbo at DH. Need a good veteran OF (Jones play RF) to stabilize them and of course a decent SS or 3B or both. Not playoff caliber but better than we think. We just need direction. I actually believe DD would be a good GM is the "family" would just give him a budget with no restrictions otherwise and just but out.

Archived