It's Official

Uli2001

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, atomic said:

They are already 2 games behind 1988 teams pace and the 1988 team won their next 3 games.  Amazingly if you even removed Chris Davis stats from the team the position players would still have negative WAR.  

I projected that the 1988 team could pull away. But in the back of my mind, I thought 2018 would regain some ground at the end as 1988 collapsed with an 8-21 finish.  Having said that, after a 6-20 June, the 2018 team have yet to win 10 games in any month. 1988 managed to at least win 10+ games per month from May-August.

55 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

For the first time this year, the Orioles have to go above .500 the rest of the way to avoid losing 100 games.

At 24-61, they need to go at least 39-38 to avoid losing 100 games for the first time since the Reagan administration. 

Does this mean we won’t be buyers at the deadline?

2 hours ago, atomic said:

I think Brach and Britton leaving will be more of a negative than Manny leaving.  You will have lost O'Day, Brach, Britton and Bleier from the bullpen.  That leaves you Castro.  I think if a starter wants to win they have to go a minimum of 8 innings.  

Don't know how this is true. Brach has wavered between lousy and average. Britton wasn't here until a few weeks ago and has wavered between lousy and passable. 

Manny has been our only offense. 

Brach and Britton of 2018 are very very replaceable. (Not talking about these two guys on top of their games. Just the Brach and Zach from this year.) 

Manny's offense is not replaceable. He's top 3 in the game right now. No matter what anyone thinks about him personally. 

54 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Sorry for the misdirection. Threads have to have short titles.

The TIgers just DFA'd backup infielder Dixon Machado.   Could make a thread about that with a nice short title if you are interested in getting a lot of page views....

53 minutes ago, Santandah said:

Don't know how this is true. Brach has wavered between lousy and average. Britton wasn't here until a few weeks ago and has wavered between lousy and passable. 

Manny has been our only offense

Brach and Britton of 2018 are very very replaceable. (Not talking about these two guys on top of their games. Just the Brach and Zach from this year.) 

Manny's offense is not replaceable. He's top 3 in the game right now. No matter what anyone thinks about him personally. 

Manny is the worst defensive shortstop in the game.  I don't think his WAR would be hard to replace.  Brach and Britton are not replacable.  We had Bleier before and O'Day too.  Brach might not be all that great but whomever replaces these guys are going to get lit up like the 4th of July.   When Tanner Scott and Givens are your set-up men you aren't going to keep any leads.  

For the first time ever, I believe Buck doesn't makes it to the end of his contract.  110 plus losses?   The reset button needs to be hit hard and the fans need to see it.  I think the expected flurry of trades makes new blood at manager more than merely possible, even if it's temporary until the off season.

Archived