I don’t care how bad we suck, I still love beating the Yankees

Frobby

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Nice to refresh this thread one last time. Meaningless game, but I’ll always take a win at Yankee Stadium.   

o

It wasn't meaningless to the Yankees ........ the Athletics are trying for their 5th consecutive win this afternoon, which would bring them withing 1/2 of a game of the Yankees for home-field advantage for the Wildcard game. ) B| 

o

4 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

It wasn't meaningless to the Yankees ........ the Athletics are trying for their 5th consecutive win this afternoon, which would bring them withing 1/2 of a game of the Yankees for home-field advantage for the Wildcard game. ) B| 

o

Yes, good point.   Let’s hope they lose the top wild card spot by one game.   

On 8/1/2018 at 5:26 PM, Moshagge3 said:

The O's have had a bigger role than just about anyone in keeping the Yankees in second place. Their fans must be beside themselves.

It does drive all Y fans, announcers, writers crazy. I've noticed that more recently they've gone into a state of denial. A NYTimes article yesterday (or this morning?) devoted every sentence to detailing how bad the Orioles are--without ever mentioning the Yankee's poor record against them.

29 minutes ago, LA2 said:

It does drive all Y fans, announcers, writers crazy. I've noticed that more recently they've gone into a state of denial. A NYTimes article yesterday (or this morning?) devoted every sentence to detailing how bad the Orioles are--without ever mentioning the Yankee's poor record against them.

The O’s are so bad that it’s considered embarrassing to go 12-7 (.632) against them.   

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

The O’s are so bad that it’s considered embarrassing to go 12-7 (.632) against them.   

Haha, well, let's put it this way: the O's are .368 vs. the Ys and .279 against the rest of the major leagues. What is even better Schadenfreude though is their record *in* NY. Remember O's: If you can do it there, you can do it everywhere!

Archived