2019 Draft Order Tracker

bpilktree67

11 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

Houston did lose 106, 107, 111, and 92 from 2011 through 2014.  They are in the US's 4th largest market.  They don't share that market with another MLB team like the Orioles do.  No excuses.  The 2018 Orioles will be worse than any of those teams.  But, it's not unprecedented to have a bad run before you get good again was my only point.

My point is no one in Baltimore is going to care about the Orioles if they have 2 more years with wins 45 or less.   Maybe when they start winning again people will care.  But even on here most of the posters have already stopped watching the games.  

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No argument there.  But, if I see some of Hays, Diaz, Mountcastle, Mullins, and even a semi-exciting player like Villar (semi only because of his age) in the lineup at some point next year, I'll go to see more games than I did this year.  Also looking forward to Akin and Kremer in the rotation later in the season.

7 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

No argument there.  But, if I see some of Hays, Diaz, Mountcastle, Mullins, and even a semi-exciting player like Villar (semi only because of his age) in the lineup at some point next year, I'll go to see more games than I did this year.  Also looking forward to Akin and Kremer in the rotation later in the season.

I just want these guys to be ready when they are called up.    I don’t want guys rushed so that I can be excited for a couple of days when they’re called up, only to see that they’re not prepared to play Major League baseball.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Tragic number to 8.    It would be nice if KC would go on a little winning streak so that we can lock up last place and yet still win some games down the stretch.

A top 4 draft pick has been clinched.  Tragic number of 2 clinches a top 2 pick.  

With last night's victory, the O's manage to avoid a season sweep by the A's.  The reaction in the clubhouse last night was
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbobaUa8MgML9pY-MXeOO

That leaves Houston as the last A.L. team that has not lost to the Orioles. 

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Tragic number to 8.    It would be nice if KC would go on a little winning streak so that we can lock up last place and yet still win some games down the stretch.

Yes.  It is very stressful - is it worse than worrying about being a wildcard?  I think so.  If we can get a Yankee "one and done" also with Zach actually pitching, the bomb!

13 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Yes.  It is very stressful - is it worse than worrying about being a wildcard?  I think so.  If we can get a Yankee "one and done" also with Zach actually pitching, the bomb!

LOL.  They would need to gain 9 games on he Royals with 16 to go. I don't know about sure things getting anymore sure than that.  

Archived