Updated Farm System Rankings After Trade

Roll Tide

3 hours ago, OrioleMagic79 said:

I wasn't talking about the question from the OP, I was talking about responding to a question that was asked multiple times in the thread ... like these below ... I guess I assumed the 2021-ish time frame given that the lineup that was posted prior to 25 Nuggets' post included several current minor leaguers who are not ready yet ... thanks for being so kind about it though. I always appreciate being told "you thought wrong" and "go back and ready the OP" when I am just trying to join in a conversation.

Don't take offense. Gordo stepped on a thumbtack in/around the 1940's. Between that and the mostly-boiled cuisine, his mood never had much chance to improve.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/20/2018 at 10:26 AM, UpstateNYfan said:

And BORING. This team has difficulty first to third on a base hit. I'd rather watch a team lose doing something different than waiting for the HR.

Actually, the O’s have taken an extra base on a single or double 43% of the time, compared to league average 41%.     One thing they’re not too bad at.    

But here’s the thing — they don’t get the opportunities because they don’t string a lot of hits together.   For example, the O’s have hit a single with a runner on 1st exactly 144 times all year (and took 3B 44 times).   The Red Sox have hit a single with a runner on 1st 165 times (and took 3B 48 times).    We have a better percentage of taking 3B than them, but we’re creating about 15% fewer opportunities.  

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/AL/2018-baserunning-batting.shtml

Archived