25 Man. Who's up for Manny?

Aristotelian

Logan Forsythe gets the roster spot (I am assuming we will be smart enough to take him back to get a better prospect haul but not smart enough to just release him afterwards).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the consensus is that Beckham will be our SS. 

Just for fun, let's compare Beckham this year to JJ Hardy last year before we dropped him like a hot potato.

Beckham... 206/254/291/545

JJ Hardy...  217/255/323/578

Stats are funny...

20 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

Dosch or Nunez would have to be added to the 40 man. Same with Tejada.

Vielma is already on the 40 man but on the DL.

I am assuming Beckham to SS. If it is Nunez or Dosch, do they take over 3B, or do you give Schoop a look there when the games don't matter?

So, then Schoop plays 3B for the rest of the season.

?

Could be. May be seeing if they can open a 40 man spot by trade of a pitcher in the next 24 hours.

Unless Wilkerson, Vielma or Gentry are healthy and ready to come off the DL, the only options they have already on the 40 are catchers.

4 minutes ago, TGO said:

Could be. May be seeing if they can open a 40 man spot by trade of a pitcher in the next 24 hours.

Unless Wilkerson, Vielma or Gentry are healthy and ready to come off the DL, the only options they have already on the 40 are catchers.

They already have one for Manny.  I think Nunez or Doresch come up and Mountcastle goes to Norfolk

18 minutes ago, bpilktree67 said:

They already have one for Manny.  I think Nunez or Doresch come up and Mountcastle goes to Norfolk

Valera went on the 40 man (he was on LA's) so he took Manny's spot.

47 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

But he was optioned to Nortfolk.

Yes, so the 25 man spot is open. The 40 man is full. In order to promote Nunez or Doesch we have to DFA someone on the 40 man roster.

Archived