Yanks Offerred Drury

Bahama O's Fan

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/07/cafardos-latest-yanks-drury-gray-os-jays-donaldson-hamels-marlins-straily.html

"Third baseman Brandon Drury was in the package the Yankees offered the Orioles for shortstop Manny Machado, Nick Cafardo of the Boston Globe reports. The Yankees’ proposal didn’t suffice for the Orioles, who sent Machado to the Dodgers for a five-player return on Wednesday. Drury has also been part of a 2018 trade, an offseason deal in which he went from the Diamondbacks to the Yankees, but he hasn’t been able to find steady playing time in New York. After entering the season as the Yankees’ starting third baseman, the 25-year-old Drury headed to the disabled list with migraines in early April, paving the way for rookie Miguel Andujar’s emergence at the hot corner. While Drury also offers a fair amount of experience at second base and in the corner outfield, the Yankees have set starters in those spots."

While I wouldn't entertain Drury for Machado. I would entertain other scenarios for Drury. I think the next iteration of the Orioles should be a lot more versatile. Having 4+ years of control means he could still be around for the next window..that aside I think he has more upside.

Just now, awannabegeek said:

While I wouldn't entertain Drury for Machado. I would entertain other scenarios for Drury. I think the next iteration of the Orioles should be a lot more versatile. Having 4+ years of control means he could still be around for the next window..that aside I think he has more upside.

We did the right thing focusing mainly on younger players. Drury as the main part  did not make sense because the service clock is running 

8 minutes ago, wildbillhiccup said:

This team doesn't need a Brandon Drury type player. I'm glad they didn't take the bait.

There definitely seems to be a difference this year.   At last year's trade deadline, there was a lot of indication that the Orioles wanted MLB-ready talent back when they were shopping Britton.   This time around, they seem to clearly not put a high priority on that, they want the best talent possible to get into our system.   Another indication that they really seem committed to at least trying to rebuild the right way.

Archived