Former Orioles farmhand: " I was pretty broken" when he left organization

Tony-OH

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, weams said:

Never mind. I did my own research. Sorry to hear that he regressed.

image.thumb.png.96b90130c8385dcaf3966b189817cb83.png

I'm sure it's all the fault of the Angels.  Just ask his Mom, I'm sure she'll tell us. (Wasn't that a thing, him Mom going on social media or something and trashing the team after the trade?  Sounds like Parker is the apple that didn't fall far from the tree)

1 minute ago, esmd said:

I'm sure it's all the fault of the Angels.  Just ask his Mom, I'm sure she'll tell us. (Wasn't that a thing, him Mom going on social media or something and trashing the team after the trade?  Sounds like Parker is the apple that didn't fall far from the tree)

I thought she trashed Frobby. Yeah - it was Frobby.

1 minute ago, esmd said:

Like I said. I always thought he had an electric arm. I thought he would work out. 

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Yeah, so now big difference in comp level. I’m pretty sure Rennie got a pretty big signing bonus as a late round draftee to keep him from going to college. Sounds like the definition of a “bonus baby”. 

16th round. Signed for slot. Which was 100k. 

1 minute ago, esmd said:

Wait it was actually specifically toward a poster here?  That's great, lol.

I can tell you that had she really known Frobby, she would have realized that not only was he a fabulous person, but that Parker should look for a backup plan. 

He committed to Texas Tech, the closest university participating in Division I sports, and planned to play football and baseball. Only in the weeks before the 2010 MLB draft did Bridwell understand how much money he could make. The Red Raiders' coach issued his standard recommendation: Sign if a major league team offers you more than $500,000.

The Baltimore Orioles selected Bridwell in the ninth round, in which the recommended slot figure is far less than that. But on the advice of an MLB agent, his father, Keith Bridwell, asked for $750,000. Soon after the draft, he said, the Orioles' then-scouting director agreed to that figure in person

Come the deadline, the Bridwells were told the commissioner's office would not clear the bonus. A new, smaller offer was made. Talking as he drove along a Texas highway and angry to have a handshake deal reneged upon, Keith told the team his son would be going to college and hung up before Parker teared up in the passenger seat of the pickup truck.

"Dad, my dream was to play professional baseball, not college baseball," Parker said. "I want to do that."

Keith called back. Parker signed for $625,000 and flew to Florida to begin his minor league toil.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/angels/la-sp-angels-bridwell-20170720-story.html

I have no doubt, I wasn't implying anything untoward about Frobby (or any other poster she may have targeted).  I just think it's hilarious that a player's Mom is going on message boards and slamming anyone who might not be complimentary of their kid.  It's a crazy world, man.

18 minutes ago, weams said:

I like the chain of evidence. 

True,

But looking at the results of the organization, leads one to believe there might be a bit of truth to it.

We all thought Ed-Rod wasn't receptive to coaching.

But, the more of these cases pop up, it starts to build a case

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

True,

But looking at the results of the organization, leads one to believe there might be a bit of truth to it.

We all thought Ed-Rod wasn't receptive to coaching.

But, the more of these cases pop up, it starts to build a case

Eduardo Rodriguez has always been hurt. Like Jason Hamel. when his knee/foot/ankle feels right. he's ok. A lot of talent to play MLB ball at 70%.

51 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

TIFWIW, and this is definitely second hand info, but a buddy of mine heard from a buddy of his that is out working as an UBER driver in Vegas that one night he picked up an Angles pitcher (I don't know who) and they started talking baseball and the driver mentioned he was an O's fan from Baltimore, and this pitcher started talking about how Parker Bridwell had nothing but awful things to say about the O's organization when he signed with Angels.  Again, all second hand, but he mentioned there was practically no use of film for studying and that the coaches and personnel acted like their own no-it-all clique and lacked clear communication with the players.  Again, whatever, but it seems to fit into the narrative of the past few years a bit.

Haha.  I'm not trying to mock you ScGO's (would never do that to a fellow Carroll Countian!) and you definitely did a good job qualifying this as info to be taken with a grain of salt.  It's just funny to see it all spelled out.

You know a guy who knows a guy who's an Uber driver who picked up an Angels player who said something that Bridwell had said.  That's, like, 5th hand information.  

5 minutes ago, glenn__davis said:

Haha.  I'm not trying to mock you ScGO's (would never do that to a fellow Carroll Countian!) and you definitely did a good job qualifying this as info to be taken with a grain of salt.  It's just funny to see it all spelled out.

You know a guy who knows a guy who's an Uber driver who picked up an Angels player who said something that Bridwell had said.  That's, like, 5th hand information.  

reminds me of spaceballs:

Dark Helmet: I am your father’s brother’s nephew’s cousin’s former roommate.
Lone Star: So what does that make us?
Dark Helmet: Absolutely nothing.

Archived