O's 40 man roster this off season looks full

wildcard

With the  addition of Tate, Carroll and Rogers,

What will be O's look like after the seeson?

Players that will be gone from the 40 man roster:   (12 players)  Manny, Jones, Britton, Brach, Tillman,  Rasmus, Valencia, Gentry, Sardinas, Susac (out of options), Lee, Corban Joesph 

Which players over 30 will still be with the team: (7 players)  O'Day,  Davis, Trumbo (salary to high to trade for his production), Caleb Joseph, Bleier,  Cashner, Cobb

Starters: (11) Bundy, Gausman, Cobb, Cashner, Hess, Ramirez, Yacabonis. Harvey, Means, Tate, Rogers

Relievers:(13)  Givens, O'Day, Castro, Scott, Wright, Hart, Bleier, Meisinger, Fry,  Araujo, Kline, Luis Gonzalez,  Carroll

Pitchers on the Bubble: Ynoa (out of options),  Must be protected or exposed to Rule 5 draft ( Love, Brian Gonzalez)

Catchers: (3) Sisco, Wynns, Caleb Joseph

Infielders: (6) Davis, Schoop, Beckham, Nunez, Wilkerson, Valera

Outfielders: (6) Mancini, Stewart, Mullins, Hays, Rickard, Santander

DH: (1) Trumbo

On the Bubble: Wilson Garcia, Randolph Gassaway, Yastrezmski, Flaa, Dosch,  Vielma

Non tender candidates: Joseph, Hart and Peterson

Out of options and probably traded during the off season: Hart

Players that should not to be added because they don't have enough service time to need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft:  Akin, Mountcastle, McKenna, Diaz

That is 40 players on the 40 man roster.   

Players will be acquired in the trades of Jones, Brach, Hart and maybe Valencia

Needs: catcher, SS, 3B

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

With the  addition of Tate, Carroll and Rogers,

What will be O's look like after the seeson?

Players that will be gone from the 40 man roster:   (12 players)  Manny, Jones, Britton, Brach, Tillman,  Rasmus, Valencia, Gentry, Sardinas, Susac (out of options), Lee, Corban Joesph 

Which player over 30 will still be with the team: (7 players)  O'Day,  Davis, Trumbo (salary to high to trade for his production), Caleb Joseph, Bleier,  Cashner, Cobb

Starters: (11) Bundy, Gausman, Cobb, Cashner, Hess, Ramirez, Yacabonis. Harvey, Means, Tate, Rogers

Relievers:(13)  Givens, O'Day, Castro, Scott, Wright, Hart, Bleier, Meisinger, Fry,  Araujo, Kline, Luis Gonzalez,  Carroll

Pitchers on the Bubble: Ynoa (out of options),  Must be protected or exposed to Rule 5 draft ( Love, Brian Gonzalez)

Catchers: (3) Sisco, Wynns, Caleb Joseph

Infielders: (6) Davis, Schoop, Beckham, Nunez, Wilkerson, Valera

Outfielders: (6) Mancini, Stewart, Mullins, Hays, Rickard, Santander

DH: (1) Trumbo

On the Bubble: Wilson Garcia, Randolph Gassaway, Yastrezmski, Flaa, Dosch,  Vielma

Non tender candidates: Joseph, Hart and Peterson

Out of options and probably traded during the off season: Hart

Players that should not to be added because they don't have enough service time to need to be protected from the Rule 5 draft:  Akin, Mountcastle, McKenna, Diaz

That is 40 players on the 40 man roster.   

Players will be acquired in the trades of Jones, Brach, Hart and maybe Valencia

Needs: catcher, SS, 3B

I don't think we're at a crisis point of an overflowing 40 man roster yet.   Losing the bubble guys doesn't scare me.   If we decide to DFA Joey RIckard I won't lose any sleep.   I think we could leave Rogers unprotected and probably not lose him.

i am sure there was a plan in place when they took on the trade with the Yankees. 

Rickard and Santander could be out if there is a bad spring training for them. Injuries. 

Schoop, Givens, Gausman, Bundy could all be gone before the season starts for players that don’t need to go on the 40. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we designated Nunez and Rickard.

I would add Yusniel Diaz and Keegan Akin. 

We SHOULD cut ties with Cujo. 

A Cashner trade wouldn't be surprising. 

I would add 22 year old Brian Gonzalez( Backend rotation potential in Bowie, low 90s fastball with a solid strikeout rate and decent secondaries).

Trumbo could be moved if we eat some of his salary.

A salary dump of O'day is also plausible for some contender looking for relievers if we eat some cash. We wouldn't get any good prospects unless he reverts back to 2015 form.

Beckham is a non-tender candidate.

Valera is expendable.

Lots of potential moves to make room on the 40 man.

If all of those moves are made, we would be at 35 players on the 40.

21 minutes ago, Thato'sfan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we designated Nunez and Rickard.

I would add Yusniel Diaz and Keegan Akin. 

We SHOULD cut ties with Cujo

A Cashner trade wouldn't be surprising. 

I would add 22 year old Brian Gonzalez( Backend rotation potential in Bowie, low 90s fastball with a solid strikeout rate and decent secondaries).

Trumbo could be moved if we eat some of his salary.

A salary dump of O'day is also plausible for some contender looking for relievers if we eat some cash. We wouldn't get any good prospects unless he reverts back to 2015 form.

Beckham is a non-tender candidate.

Valera is expendable.

Lots of potential moves to make room on the 40 man.

If all of those moves are made, we would be at 35 players on the 40.

Cujo?   Maybe you meant Caleb?

Around a quarter of those players are just roster filler. I doubt the O's would have serious regrets cutting Wright, Araujo, Hart, Kline, Gonzalez, Ynoa, Joseph, Peterson, Wilkerson, or Rickard if they acquire some higher end players in trade. I also suspect there's a high probability O'Day, Schoop, Trumbo, and maybe Givens and Gausman are traded, perhaps some even this month.

Not if Rickard stays, haha. Or, now bare with me, what if they convert Davis to catcher? His production is similar to Caleb last year. Forgot about the payroll difference, never mind. ? although he does have a career 0.00 ERA?

6 hours ago, SteveA said:

I don't think we're at a crisis point of an overflowing 40 man roster yet.   Losing the bubble guys doesn't scare me.   If we decide to DFA Joey RIckard I won't lose any sleep.   I think we could leave Rogers unprotected and probably not lose him.

I think there are many players currently on the 40 man that will no longer be there. Folks with no prospect status will come off. They can build a team to play next year bases on who projects to 2021. 

I also think Schoop, Davis, Trumbo and Gausman will be gone. 

13 minutes ago, weams said:

I think there are many players currently on the 40 man that will no longer be there. Folks with no prospect status will come off. They can build a team to play next year bases on who projects to 2021. 

I also think Schoop, Davis, Trumbo and Gausman will be gone. 

When?

Archived