Grade the Gausman Deal

Frobby

Grade the Gausman Deal  

187 members have voted

1. 1. What’s your grade for the Gausman deal

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/11/18 at 01:24

Just now, tntoriole said:

I think I have figured out why Kevin is likely now going to fulfill his potential...Atlanta announcers call him Goss-man rather than ours pronouncing it Gauze-man....that apparently is all it took....fire the announcers. 

Don't most pitchers always reach their potential after they leave the Orioles?

8 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

And the 2.5 Million in International slot money.

It doesn't bother you that OUR team, one that has been absent (re. clueless) from this market, suddenly, now, with a mere change of "who's in charge" knows enough to invest in trading a controlled asset - AND a salary dump - to acquire money to invest where they have NO presence? 

Come on.  This ownership is clueless about how to run a MLB team.  They change course like the wind.  Old Pete has always had final say, after all.  Now the son(s)...  I think trading assets is the way to go, but this one, in particular, could have been done in the winter like Cobb and Cashner will be.  Ultimately, it is a salary dump. 

What kind of international money and a prospect or two would have been gained w/o O'Day in the deal?  Sometimes you gotta eat bad investments................

2 hours ago, weams said:

Adam Jones had been a full time MLB outfielder for two seasons by the age that Mullins made the majors. He had 31 home runs and ~.750 OPS by that time too.

I don't really like to compare college draftees with high school draftees.  He was just getting drafted when Jones made his MLB debut, and I'm not going to fault Mullins for going to college.  And Mullins is up plenty early enough for him to have a long, distinguished career, talent/health/God willing.