Jonathan Villar- Our new 2B?

Greg Pappas

19 hours ago, LA2 said:

Brewers are flush with good infielders. He's 8 for 48 with one walk and 18 Ks. No homers, two doubles. Villar's OPS is almost twice as high, post-trade.

Not playing again.The Brewers are supposedly not that enamored with his range at either second or short.Looks like will try to move him now or in the off season.Not sure what you get if he does not play the rest of the year or miss many games.Things could change but Brewers dont want to pay him too much next year. 

4 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Not playing again.The Brewers are supposedly not that enamored with his range at either second or short.Looks like will try to move him now or in the off season.Not sure what you get if he does not play the rest of the year or miss many games.Things could change but Brewers dont want to pay him too much next year. 

His range has always been suspect. I’d take him back if he worked out at 3B. There were scouts going back to AFL that profiled him there.

5 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Don't they have scouts?

Couldn't you just tell by looking at the sheer size of him that he wouldn't be rangy at short?

Villar has some skill but also needs to refine his game. Great defense yesterday but today did not let throw from Joseph get deep enough on tag play on steal plus made an error and was picked off. 

I like him though and think he is a good short term fit.  

A couple Villar facts courtesy of Tom Davis on the postgame radio show.   I was driving so I couldn't write them down so this is from memory:

1) Since [some date I can't remember -- start of 2014 maybe?] Villar is #2 in baseball in games in which the player has both a HR and a steal.   Mike Trout is #1 with 14.   Villar is 2nd with 10,

2) Villar's 2016 season was the 5th time in history someone had 60+ extra base hits (he had 60) and 60+ steals (he had 62).   Names of the other four that did it include Brock, Henderson, and I can't remember the other two.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, SteveA said:

A couple Villar facts courtesy of Tom Davis on the postgame radio show.   I was driving so I couldn't write them down so this is from memory:

1) Since [some date I can't remember -- start of 2014 maybe?] Villar is #2 in baseball in games in which the player has both a HR and a steal.   Mike Trout is #1 with 14.   Villar is 2nd with 10,

2) Villar's 2016 season was the 5th time in history someone had 60+ extra base hits (he had 60) and 60+ steals (he had 62).   Names of the other four that did it include Brock, Henderson, and I can't remember the other two.

Men of minutia.

• Upvote 1

o

A 2-run shot in the bottom of the 7th inning gave the Orioles the lead.

(vs. YANKEES, 8/24)

NUMBER 10

JONATHAN RAFAEL VILLAROQUE

o

On 8/19/2018 at 2:27 PM, Going Underground said:

Why trade for a guy and then give up on him so quickly?