Adam Jones faces rookie who was part of minor league host family

O's are Legends

Orioles outfielder Adam Jones and Blue Jays rookie catcher Danny Jansen are 10 years apart in age, 13 years apart in MLB service time and aren't related, yet Monday's game in Toronto was a reunion of sorts for the two.

In the early part of his professional baseball career, Jones played for the Class A Wisconsin Timber Rattlers and lived with an area family. One member of that family was a then-9-year-old Jansen.

"We got to share a moment, and he hit me on the chest and said, 'I'm proud of you, man. You made it,'" Jansen said, according to a Toronto Sun report, following the Jays' 5-3 win. "I always loved watching him and telling people the story that I had Adam Jones in my house when I was a kid."

That's awesome.

ESPN

And in last night's game, Jansen hit a slicing line drive to right which Jones grabbed and mockingly gestured to him.  Jansen mockingly gestured back at Adam - pretty cool moment for both also.

Jansen got even later when he hit a scorching drive that Jones could not get to (but might have when he was staying with Jansen's family ? ) and it bounced over fence for 2B.

Archived