Mesa Brothers Declared Free Agents By MLB

section18

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jcarm said:

It is like some people on this board are hoping he signs with someone else. They should just pick another team to root for.

It is called being realistic.  Why would I hope he signs with another team?  Ridiculous statement. 

3 minutes ago, atomic said:

If the Orioles had any intention of signing Victor Victor they wouldn't have traded away 750k of their pool.  

The Orioles still have the highest amount of International Money to spend among teams. Please pick something else to use your joyfulness on.

2 minutes ago, jcarm said:

It is like some people on this board are hoping he signs with someone else. They should just pick another team to root for.

Nah, just a few people who probably had previous lives where they destroyed a farm then salted the earth out of spite.

Just now, Legend_Of_Joey said:

The Orioles still have the highest amount of International Money to spend among teams. Please pick something else to use your joyfulness on.

Nah, just a few people who probably had previous lives where they destroyed a farm then salted the earth out of spite.

Teams can trade money easily enough.  How much can the Marlins, Rays and Dodger's increase their pool to?  It says they can increase by 70 percent of their original pool.  Also a bunch of teams have money they can't even use due to going over in previous years.  Seems they would all be willing to trade away their pools. 

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

When Victor Victor signs with the Marlins I can only imagine how angry this board will get.  

The O's have put themselves in this situation. This is what happens when you resign Davis instead of Cruz, sign O'Day instead of attempting to do the same with Miller, gift up a draft pick to sign a injured Gallardo, dump comp picks to rid of Webb and Matusz salaries, trade Davies for Parra when you really had no shot at the playoffs, don't participate in the big players in the IFA for years, could go on and on with this.

The board will be angry more so because we have been angry, tired and upset for sometime. Not signing VVM will reopen those wounds and yes, people's heads will figuratively explode.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

We still have significantly more slot room than anyone else.    

Like I said teams can trade for more money.  And 8 teams can't even use the money they have as they went over in previous years.  So they will be willing to trade their pools pretty easily. 

1 minute ago, atomic said:

Teams can trade money easily enough.  How much can the Marlins, Rays and Dodger's increase their pool to?  It says they can increase by 70 percent of their original pool.  Also a bunch of teams have money they can't even use due to going over in previous years.  Seems they would all be willing to trade away their pools. 

I can’t cite you chapter and verse on this, but I don’t believe there are any other teams who have enough room, considering the limits and the amounts they already have spent, to surpass us.

4 minutes ago, atomic said:

It is called being realistic.  Why would I hope he signs with another team?  Ridiculous statement. 

I did not name anyone. You just know that if the Orioles do not sign him, some people will be enjoying other people being upset about it and saying, "I told you so". That is the same as wanting him to sign with someone else in my opinion.

1 minute ago, jcarm said:

I did not name anyone. You just know that if the Orioles do not sign him, some people will be enjoying other people being upset about it and saying, "I told you so". That is the same as wanting him to sign with someone else in my opinion.

If he signs with the team it would make me very happy. I will be disappointed when he signs with another team.   Just being realistic about the club.   

Just now, Redskins Rick said:

Horse Hockey, they said they would spend about 4.5 on Victor Victor, not the full 8.75m

I don't think they ever say anything of the kind.

Pretty sure they haven't said more than the general "He's a great talent we'd love to have him." type stuff.

Of course if you can find evidence of the Orioles giving a figure I'd love to see it.

Archived