Update: Tim Beckham and Caleb Joseph Non-tendered

Frobby

Would you non-tender Tim Beckham?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Would you non-tender Tim Beckham?

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He's not blocking anybody. He is a decent candidate for a bounceback year. I would be happy to roll with him and Villar and see if either one can be decent enough to build some trade value. Then again, I won't be upset if he is gone.

Such a well thought out post. Thanks. 

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Me neither.   He seems to have a great attitude, but I just don't see a fit here.  He doesn't play the infield nearly well enough, though I always thought his best position would have been 2nd base and we didn't see him there.

He'd be a heck of a right fielder. 

Just now, weams said:

He'd be a heck of a right fielder. 

Just because he's fast? Even Lough wasn't that good of an outfielder. And he was an outfielder!

I'm team non-tender, but agree that the price isn't THAT ridiculous and we are short on infielders overall. Fine either way, but I'd rather see younger guys or better defenders out there. 

8 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Rickard is Mullins platoon partner in center.

Please no. With Buck no longer here I hope the new manager gives players a chance to prove what they can do before needlessly putting them in the category of platoon player.   Plus Rickard isn't that great in CF 

44 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

Me neither.   He seems to have a great attitude, but I just don't see a fit here.  He doesn't play the infield nearly well enough, though I always thought his best position would have been 2nd base and we didn't see him there.

Agreed. He's a poor fielder who doesn't hit enough to make up for it. We already have plenty of those players!

25 minutes ago, weams said:

Why a platoon?

Mullin has a 662 OPS vs lefties at AAA and a 452 OPS vs lefties with the O's.

Rickard has a 766 career OPS vs lefties  and a 789 OPS vs lefties in 2018.

I think they may give Mullins a chance to hit lefties but if he can't a Rickard platoon is probably the next step.

1 hour ago, interloper said:

Maybe Brady handles the nontender negotiations and then is fired. 

Just because everything has to be about Brady.

Hi Frobby.

It only seems that way because it's been at least 5 minutes since anybody complained about Chris Davis.  

Archived