Crasnick on DD, Buck, and the Angelos'

Greg Pappas

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Certainly sounds like Peter is still in charge.

Yep.  

Makes no sense to me how they could purportedly not know enough at this time to make a decision on Buck and DD.  And of course, the sooner you make a decision, the sooner people can start doing their jobs for 2019, putting plans into place.

But you know, of course not.  Because Orioles.

3 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Yep.  

Makes no sense to me how they could purportedly not know enough at this time to make a decision on Buck and DD.  And of course, the sooner you make a decision, the sooner people can start doing their jobs for 2019, putting plans into place.

But you know, of course not.  Because Orioles.

Well, if they win out it's only 112 loses.  Things go right next year they could contend for the second wildcard.

11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Well, if they win out it's only 112 loses.  Things go right next year they could contend for the second wildcard.

According to this, Even assuming we win out this year, we would have to have the biggest year-over-year improvement in MLB history just to hit 84 wins.  

You have to think they have already decided...I mean, Good Lord, we talk about this endlessly here on a board...surely, the brothers have given a thought or two to it at some point in their busy, busy days... The release of it though is part of whatever sick PR strategy they usually use...namely,  let the peons know when spring training starts.  

I mean what are we supposed to do?  There has been no real plan for years. There were two paths forward from last years collapse and we took neither. 

We continue to passive aggressively flail. Fire the GM?  Fire the manager?  Extend them?  Well doing that requires thought and accountability to a process. 

Again, I am trying to remain patient and positive. I continue to believe that Monday we will hear from ownership. 

19 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I mean what are we supposed to do?  There has been no real plan for years. There were two paths forward from last years collapse and we took neither. 

We continue to passive aggressively flail. Fire the GM?  Fire the manager?  Extend them?  Well doing that requires thought and accountability to a process. 

Again, I am trying to remain patient and positive. I continue to believe that Monday we will hear from ownership. 

There was a plan.  The plan was "F 2018 and beyond, we're gonna try and win it all now."

That's a valid plan, I suppose.  The execution failed on two fronts though. (1: Didn't win it all, 2: Currently in contention for the worst team in the history of MLB.)  I wonder what people would think about the plan if we won the WS in 2014 instead of KC, though.

Archived