The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Am I the only one to not want any part of Gaston?

He's maxed physically at 16 and all he has is fastball velocity.

A high school senior with an upper 90s fastball and not much else is a top 2-3 round amateur draft selection at worst. 

If a 16 year old kid in Florida was pumping that velocity, he'd be looking to Bryce Harper his way into the draft a year early and a team would use a first round pick on him hoping professional coaching could teach him an adequate slider and change up. 

28 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Not sure if this was posted:

#orioles will be repped at Victor Victor Mesa/Victor Mesa Jr. showcase today in Miami with Brady Anderson, Joe McIlvaine, John Stockstill, Dean Albany and Calvin Maduro.

Marlins roll in with Derek Jeter.  Orioles roll in with Brady Anderson.  Who wins?

29 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Not sure if this was posted:

#orioles will be repped at Victor Victor Mesa/Victor Mesa Jr. showcase today in Miami with Brady Anderson, Joe McIlvaine, John Stockstill, Dean Albany and Calvin Maduro.

I'm picturing the scene in Swingers where they all pull up in separate cars then simultaneously put on their clubs. 

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

BTW, Connolly said negotiations are going on now.

If Brady could turn around his image on this message board (and I'm assuming, with other O's fans) today would be a good day to start.

*short guy from princess bride voice* "inconceivable!"

2 minutes ago, Ripken said:

The guy with the biggest check.

"Victor Victor, I'm not sure if you're aware but I think you probably are.  The Orioles finished with the worst record in baseball this year and one of the worst records in baseball history.  Their manager and general manager are not returning.   Future of ownership seems to be up in the air.  Now we haven't been great for awhile but I'm 100% fully committed to turning this thing around and making the Marlins a winner here in Miami and that starts with you here today.  Sure, they can offer you more money but you'll make plenty in the future.  Do you want to be a hero to your people in this town and be the centerpiece for a turnaround?"

5 hours ago, scbalt52 said:

Just hope they told Brady to sign him at all costs, coming back with 0 pool money left is fine. If he chooses to go to another team for less money oh well but don't get outbid.

At the very least, we know someone there is empowered to spend all of that money. 

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

"Victor Victor, I'm not sure if you're aware but I think you probably are.  The Orioles finished with the worst record in baseball this year and one of the worst records in baseball history.  Their manager and general manager are not returning.   Future of ownership seems to be up in the air.  Now we haven't been great for awhile but I'm 100% fully committed to turning this thing around and making the Marlins a winner here in Miami and that starts with you here today.  Sure, they can offer you more money but you'll make plenty in the future.  Do you want to be a hero to your people in this town and be the centerpiece for a turnaround?"

Moose,

You really think that Jeter and the Marlins front office are going to turn it around.

Now if you said, come sign with us, and in 3 years, you will be wearing Oriole pinstripes. That might be closer to the truth. :)

1 minute ago, weams said:

At the very least, we know someone there is empowered to spend all of that money. 

My nightmare is, we sign him for 6.5 million, he comes here, and sucks worse than Puig, and then day after day of posts in OH, OMG, why did those indiots in the FO not see he was bad and not sign the guy.

Archived