The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, gmelson26 said:

If Miami was foregone conclusion, why the charades?  Just sign with them... Mesa knows only the O's can spend more than Miami, so either VVM wants the most money he can get or it's Miami, and the whole thing today is a weird charade.

It's probably more for the brother. Dude is a massive attention whore though, so there's that.

The workout was hosted by the Marlins.

The Marlins put Marlins jerseys in the players' lockers.

The players put on the jerseys.

People took photos of them wearing the jerseys.

They all may have signed with the Marlins, but simply putting on the jerseys doesn't mean anything.

17 minutes ago, gmelson26 said:

If Miami was foregone conclusion, why the charades?  Just sign with them... Mesa knows only the O's can spend more than Miami, so either VVM wants the most money he can get or it's Miami, and the whole thing today is a weird charade.

I said it before....my conspiracy theory is that VVMs agent wanted to avoid criticism and controversy and did it as a publicity thing.  VVM was gonna go there all along, they just didn't want anyone to say they didn't get a shot to see the kid and make an offer.  

Lol, Orioles are gonna walk out of this with nothing.  I'd have actually been happy with Gaston only.  

But this team can't have nice things.  

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.  I knew I shouldn't have thought we'd have a chance at this guy.  I knew it.  I knew it.  And I let my hopes get up.  Lesson learned, once again, never get my hopes up about anything Orioles related.  They'll always be losers, their prospects will never pan out, they'll never sign the right free agents.  Repeat each day.

Archived