The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

That was under King Peter's watch and they was not allowed to be in the international market.

Webb and Matusz weren't traded with International slots they were traded with draft picks. 

May 23, 2016:  Brian Matusz Traded by the Baltimore Orioles with 2016 competitive balance round B pick to the Atlanta Braves for Brandon Barker (minors) and Trevor Belicek (minors).

April 9, 2015:  Ryan Webb Traded by the Baltimore Orioles with Brian Ward (minors) and 2015 competitive balance round B pick to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Chris O'Brien (minors) and Ben Rowen.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, atomic said:

Webb and Matusz weren't traded with International slots they were traded with draft picks. 

May 23, 2016:  Brian Matusz Traded by the Baltimore Orioles with 2016 competitive balance round B pick to the Atlanta Braves for Brandon Barker (minors) and Trevor Belicek (minors).

April 9, 2015:  Ryan Webb Traded by the Baltimore Orioles with Brian Ward (minors) and 2015 competitive balance round B pick to the Los Angeles Dodgers for Chris O'Brien (minors) and Ben Rowen.

Also note that the guy the Braves used with the pick they got was Brett Cumberland.  So we just had to trade Gausman to get that pick back. 

Getting out manuevered by the Marlins, wasting 750K on an absolute nobody losing just about all leverage and ending up with none of them. I swear this team is doing everything they can to drive me away from them. Can't wait for uninspired retreads like Matheny and Colletti to take over manager and GM. Maybe we'll hit 50 wins!

8 minutes ago, Dipper9 said:

Normally I'd be upset by all this, but honestly I never thought we'd get him, and with the 5 year rebuild I'm not sure that it really even matters.

Two of the guys are 16.  I am not sure they would even be ready for the bigs in 5 years.  I don't see how they would not be pertitent because the Orioles were in a five year re-build. You can always trade Victor Victor if you need to.  

From Facetious News: The Orioles have acquired Mike Zoellner from the Phillies for 500k of International slot money. 

Mike, a 30-year old lefty reliever, had been out of baseball since 2012, but was recently signed by the Phillies to a minor league contract for $5,000. It was a brilliant tactic, as it intrigued the Orioles, who had traded for Mike's younger brother Jack back in August for $750k of International slot money. Brady Anderson, the Orioles Vice President of Baseball Operations, said, "I'd worked out with the brothers before the original deal for Jack, and was impressed with both. Mike was up to 86 mph against me, and I couldn't hit him. I thought we were getting both brothers in the original deal, but there was a mix up and we only got Jack... until today. This is an under the radar move and one that could pay off big later."  

This was a joke, for those that missed it. ?

Archived