The Victor Victor Mesa/Sandy Gaston thread

Luke-OH

Just now, eddie83 said:

I’ll get ripped but I don’t believe the 750K means a thing. It is just another thing to say the Orioles are fools. 

If the Mesa’s want to play here they will, if they don’t they won’t. 

I agree with you, but in these days, of no baseball, and unhappy fans, they are going to kick little action/inaction there is.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I’ll get ripped but I don’t believe the 750K means a thing. It is just another thing to say the Orioles are fools. 

If the Mesa’s want to play here they will, if they don’t they won’t. 

If the money isn't important to the Mesa brothers why are the Marlins trading for more?

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

How many 2 win players did they end the season with?

If he's close to ML ready, he'd be a waste on this team. By the time the O's are competitive his years will be wasted. We had a few before they were traded and were still the worst team in baseball by far. You guys are talking like Mesa is a hall of fame talent lol.

5 minutes ago, Malike said:

Projected 1.5-2 win player. We better get him!

How many 1.5-2 win players do the Os have right now? How many will they have in the future without grossly overpaying on the FA market. The reason teams like the Rays can compete is because they pay these young guys now and don't have to give out horrible contracts to 30 year old FAs. Something that has destroyed the fabric of the Orioles to this point.

1 minute ago, LTO's said:

How many 1.5-2 win players do the Os have right now? How many will they have in the future without grossly overpaying on the FA market. The reason teams like the Rays can compete is because they pay these young guys now and don't have to give out horrible contracts to 30 year old FAs. Something that has destroyed the fabric of the Orioles to this point.

I don't like answering questions twice. You can look up one post.

4 minutes ago, Malike said:

If he's close to ML ready, he'd be a waste on this team. By the time the O's are competitive his years will be wasted. We had a few before they were traded and were still the worst team in baseball by far. You guys are talking like Mesa is a hall of fame talent lol.

No I'm not.

But 12-17 million in production annually is nothing to sneeze at.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

No I'm not.

But 12-17 million in production annually is nothing to sneeze at.

Even if it's wasted on a bad team? I mean, there are 164 pages in this thread. One would have you believe that the future of the organization hinges entirely on this signing. Looks to be some talent being held back in Mexico that might be opened before the trade deadline in July and of course, I'm sure Asia will have some talent that will end up state side. Clearly, the Mesa brothers are waiting for Miami to get as much money as they can, because they prefer to play there. Not the end of the world.  There should be other talent to spend the money on.

12 minutes ago, Malike said:

I don't like answering questions twice. You can look up one post.

You do realize that if 1.5 - 2 WAR was his absolute ceiling over the course of his contract with the Os, the value of that contract would be incredible right? Do tell how the Os are supposed to compete with the Yankees, Red Sox etc. if they don't exploit and extract as much value from amateur players as possible. It's amazing how this place complained (rightfully so) about the Os lack of international involvement and now suddenly anyone who wants VVM is a moron because he's not guaranteed to be the next Acuna. He's far and away the best int'l player available and probably the most talented that was available this period. To act like the Os shouldn't want him because he's not a sure fire all star and the team is currently bad is insane logic.

Just now, LTO's said:

You do realize that if 1.5 - 2 WAR was his absolute ceiling over the course of his contract with the Os, the value of that contract would be incredible right? Do tell how the Os are supposed to compete with the Yankees, Red Sox etc. if they don't exploit and extract as much value from amateur players as possible. It's amazing how this place complained (rightfully so) about the Os lack of international involvement and now suddenly anyone who wants VVM is a moron because he's not guaranteed to be the next Acuna. He's far and away the best int'l player available and probably the most talented that was available this period. To act like the Os shouldn't want him because he's not a sure fire all star and the team is currently bad is insane logic.

I realize that on a competitive team yes. What good is a 1.5-2 win player when your team is likely to be the worst in baseball during his tenure? I'd rather they sign high ceiling kids who aren't ML ready, that way you can develop a bed of talent that is ready to compete together. I didn't call anyone a moron, sorry for triggering you. I will now put a trigger warning before I say anything that might offend the masses. I would argue that your logic of they must have him, while he basically contributes on a losing team is as bad a logic.

Archived