TT: Silence of Ownership is Deafening

Tony-OH

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, weams said:

If it is sold, And sold to someone that is a friend of MLB, all things are possible. 

Yeah - I agree. If the team is sold to an owner who wants to move the team, then they will move the team. The situation with the Rays and Athletics is irrelevant. The Orioles aren't locked into a long term lease and there's plenty of cities that would bend over backward for a team. They are very moveable if a hypothetical owner wants to move them, plain 'n simple.

25 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

I have friends too but don’t generally let them run my business. 

When you were the subject of a national magazine calling you the worst Psychiatrist in America, lo the world...did they write your defense?

15 minutes ago, theocean said:

Yeah - I agree. If the team is sold to an owner who wants to move the team, then they will move the team. The situation with the Rays and Athletics is irrelevant. The Orioles aren't locked into a long term lease and there's plenty of cities that would bend over backward for a team. They are very moveable if a hypothetical owner wants to move them, plain 'n simple.

Plenty?

Also MLB has to approve any move and they don't approve many.

1 minute ago, weams said:

A friend of the MLB could buy the team with an understanding that they could move it. 

Maybe. But I would think that would lead to a slew of lawsuits. And if that was ever proven that MLB basically colluded or conspired to move the Orioles, they would be on the hook for an astronomical settlement.

1 minute ago, weams said:

A friend of the MLB could buy the team with an understanding that they could move it. 

That contract would be worth the paper it was written on.

This isn't a bankruptcy sale.  The Brothers Angelos will have a chance to vet and apply limitations to any buyer.

So unless the Brothers don't care if the team is moved, it won't be moved.

No reason to move it anyway.  Baltimore is better than any market they would move to.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

This isn't a bankruptcy sale.  The Brothers Angelos will have a chance to vet and apply limitations to any buyer.

No reason to move it anyway.  Baltimore is better than any market they would move to.

I never said that they would move it. I simply wonder if they really want to run it. 

15 minutes ago, weams said:

When you were the subject of a national magazine calling you the worst Psychiatrist in America, lo the world...did they write your defense?

My friends defend me without expectation of recompense.  Otherwise maybe their friendship is something else altogether.  Family businesses are often filled with relationship boundary issues...as us shrinks say...lol 

21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Nashville, San Antonio, Las Vegas, Portland, Charlotte would be better markets IMO. We're always going to be behind Boston/NY anyways when it comes to payroll, infrastructure, etc. Would be nice to see divisions realigned instead of expanding and further diluting the lack of talent pool.

1 hour ago, tntoriole said:

I have friends too but don’t generally let them run my business. 

1 hour ago, weams said:

There is another word for that though.   It's called enabling.

Archived