Who should be dealt this winter/off-season?

Greg Pappas

3 hours ago, cmcgarvey said:

Everyone from the director of concessions on down to the dude who cleans the bathrooms. Just completely gut the organization. 

The Director of Concessions got rid of Das Sausage Haus for some cheap knock-off brand that serves crap sausages on stale buns that break in half. Fire his ass!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, tntoriole said:

It really doesn’t matter quite as much to me who we keep or trade this winter because I think no one on our current 40 man will be on our next team that wins anything...or even finishes at .500....so keep them ...or give them away, or sell them..doesn’t really matter, we are a long way aways from being anywhere except last.   Selling Bundy low this winter would be really dumb, imho.    It would be dumber than the Gausman trade. 

We need somebody in charge that has a clue...and fast. 

Amazing to me the consistent negativity on this board towards Trey Mancini which has been relentlessly consistent since he first got here.    As if he is the biggest problem on a team with 39 other pretty bad baseball players on their 40 man roster. 

You'd think people would be more excited about a guy coming off a below replacement level season who can't defend anywhere but 1B and can't hit enough to play there.

44 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

You'd think people would be more excited about a guy coming off a below replacement level season who can't defend anywhere but 1B and can't hit enough to play there.

The problem is Davis and his albatross contract. 

Trey should be at first starting this season. 

Davis And Trumbo can be platooned until Trumbo can be dealt 

49 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

The problem is Davis and his albatross contract. 

Trey should be at first starting this season. 

Davis And Trumbo can be platooned until Trumbo can be dealt 

And if he puts up another 93 wRC+ there, he will still be really bad.

2 hours ago, Babypowder said:

First of all, tntoriole’s post that people have been consistently negative about Mancini since he first arrived is completely untrue.   Mancini has had many supporters here, and I think he’s been treated fairly on the board overall.

But second, the jury’s still out on the guy.   He’s had one season at 120 OPS+ and another at 97.    At 120, teams are going to find a spot for him; at 97, he’s very marginal.   If the answer is in between (right now he’s at 111 for his career), he probably sticks around but he’s no great shakes.    Personally, I think 111 OPS+ is probably about where he’ll end up, but I could be wrong in either direction.   I’m open minded about what he’ll do this year and over the next several.  

8 hours ago, scOtt said:

The Director of Concessions got rid of Das Sausage Haus for some cheap knock-off brand that serves crap sausages on stale buns that break in half. Fire his ass!

I spoken with several of the people who still work for the Orioles in non baseball roles and they seem to be quite happy theses days. 

18 hours ago, tntoriole said:

It really doesn’t matter quite as much to me who we keep or trade this winter because I think no one on our current 40 man will be on our next team that wins anything...or even finishes at .500....so keep them ...or give them away, or sell them..doesn’t really matter, we are a long way aways from being anywhere except last.   Selling Bundy low this winter would be really dumb, imho.    It would be dumber than the Gausman trade. 

Amazing to me the consistent negativity on this board towards Trey Mancini which has been relentlessly consistent since he first got here.    As if he is the biggest problem on a team with 39 other pretty bad baseball players on their 40 man roster. 

I was a huge Trey fan. Too bad he can't play any position. He's be  platoon 1b/ Dh on a last place team without  Davis and  Trumbo.

19 hours ago, tntoriole said:

I gotta see if my boss will go for that consistently mediocre approach as a positive.    

18 hours ago, oriole said:

I think Villar should be moved if anyone is willing to give anything interesting up for him. Outside of him and maybe a guy like Bleier or Givens if someone regards them highly at all at this point, no one. Just go with who you’ve got and let the season commence without complicating whatever pile of turds we’ll be watching. 

Of course, if someone is willing to take on Trumbo or Cashner then you go for it, but it’s not happening. I think you gotta keep Cobb around and hope he makes himself valuable at all. It’s not like if we traded him someone would be willing to take on that whole contract and I don’t think it’s worth eating any money. 

This is going to be a very dull offseason. Very little FA action and even less trade talk. Nothing makes much sense outside of picking up unwanted FA in March and trading Villar.

How could Villar be worth more later? 

3 hours ago, Frobby said:

First of all, tntoriole’s post that people have been consistently negative about Mancini since he first arrived is completely untrue.   Mancini has had many supporters here, and I think he’s been treated fairly on the board overall.

But second, the jury’s still out on the guy.   He’s had one season at 120 OPS+ and another at 97.    At 120, teams are going to find a spot for him; at 97, he’s very marginal.   If the answer is in between (right now he’s at 111 for his career), he probably sticks around but he’s no great shakes.    Personally, I think 111 OPS+ is probably about where he’ll end up, but I could be wrong in either direction.   I’m open minded about what he’ll do this year and over the next several.  

Just an observation.... I will not go through and tally up all the negative versus positive comments...but it is my feeling that the negative is out of proportion to Trey’s actual performance, imho....and given the truly awful performances in 2018 by EVERY Oriole, it just strikes me as odd that he gets the amount of negative comments he does and has since he before he made  the team. 

Maybe he turns out to be less than he has previously shown, but, either way...he is the least of this organization’s problems at the moment or for 2019. 

6 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Just an observation.... I will not go through and tally up all the negative versus positive comments...but it is my feeling that the negative is out of proportion to Trey’s actual performance, imho....and given the truly awful performances in 2018 by EVERY Oriole, it just strikes me as odd that he gets the amount of negative comments he does and has since he before he made  the team. 

Maybe he turns out to be less than he has previously shown, but, either way...he is the least of this organization’s problems at the moment or for 2019. 

I'd be thrilled if he were able to net the Orioles two good pitching prospects. 

Archived