Adam Hall - SS - 2018 #19 Prospect

Tony-OH

9 hours ago, NCRaven said:

I’m hoping to see Adam Hall make a significant move up the rankings next summer.

Course, we want that for all of our prospects!

What if they all do so well that none of them can move up the rankings because they stay in the same position relative to each other?   I guess at least some guys would graduate off the list.    

23 minutes ago, Frobby said:

What if they all do so well that none of them can move up the rankings because they stay in the same position relative to each other?   I guess at least some guys would graduate off the list.    

That's what happened to Lowther on my rankings this year. Akin, McKenna, and Hanifee all had great seasons where they didn't just perform well but also improved their profiles. Then they added Grayson, Yusniel Diaz, and Dean Kremer. So Lowther despite a dominant season, kind of just held his ground in my rankings. 

43 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I could live with that if Mountcastle, Kremer, and Akin are playing in Baltimore by September.

4 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I could live with that if Mountcastle, Kremer, and Akin are playing in Baltimore by September.

I hope they aren't.   I'd rather they stay in the minors this season, so their Major League time doesn't start.  Nothing wrong with them starting 2020 with the O's.

10 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

I hope they aren't.   I'd rather they stay in the minors this season, so their Major League time doesn't start.  Nothing wrong with them starting 2020 with the O's.

I think service time is overblown for players like most or all of our prospects.  Unless you're talking about someone on the level of Machado, or more recently like Ronald Acuna, Eloy Jiminez or Vlad Guerrero Jr, I don't think it makes sense to keep a guy in the minors who has shown he's ready for the big league challenge.  Better to get him up and used to playing against the top competition show he's ready to perform when we are competing.

2 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I think service time is overblown for players like most or all of our prospects.  Unless you're talking about someone on the level of Machado, or more recently like Ronald Acuna, Eloy Jiminez or Vlad Guerrero Jr, I don't think it makes sense to keep a guy in the minors who has shown he's ready for the big league challenge.  Better to get him up and used to playing against the top competition show he's ready to perform when we are competing.

I understand what you are saying, but I don't think September call-ups really help all that much in this regard.   I'd just as soon bring them up in May of 2020 to get the extra service time.  We aren't competing until at least 2022 anyway.

Sorry to derail this Adam Hall thread!  :)

3 hours ago, Luke-OH said:

That's what happened to Lowther on my rankings this year. Akin, McKenna, and Hanifee all had great seasons where they didn't just perform well but also improved their profiles. Then they added Grayson, Yusniel Diaz, and Dean Kremer. So Lowther despite a dominant season, kind of just held his ground in my rankings. 

Which is a good sign for the organization.  

• 1 month later...

Archived