What Can the O's Do to Put Butts in Seats in 2019?

mdbdotcom

6 hours ago, WarehouseChatter said:

I like the idea of minor league double headers!  Also, what about a summer concert series?  Games start at 3 with a concert to follow.  Bring in Ariana grande, Taylor Swift, Pearl Jam, etc.

Those acts would draw as many fans without the Orioles lead in.  

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Stoner Sunday . Make recreational marijuana legal at the stadium. All fans get a free joint 

Solid rec!  Bring back that O's reliever (?)  who was stopped on I-95 after a game way back to sing Dylan's version of "Everybody Must Get Stoned" during the seventh!  (Wow what a wacky performance!  Is that Ronnie Wood?)

22 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Solid rec!  Bring back that O's reliever (?)  who was stopped on I-95 after a game way back to sing Dylan's version of "Everybody Must Get Stoned" during the seventh!  (Wow what a wacky performance!  Is that Ronnie Wood?)

This is Ronnie Wood, his vocals are just as bad as Bob's 

Which is why he generally has someone else sing it

On 11/22/2018 at 7:13 AM, mdbdotcom said:

Maybe they could do double-headers on the weekends with the first game being a minor league game. If we're going young, why not show off the prospects in a major league setting?

I like the idea, but how are the all-powerful TV networks, not to mention the MLB players' union, going to feel when it's announced "the start of today's game is delayed because the AA game before it is running long."

1 minute ago, Moshagge3 said:

I like the idea, but how are the all-powerful TV networks, not to mention the MLB players' union, going to feel when it's announced "the start of today's game is delayed because the AA game before it is running long."

It's a minor league game, declare a tie.

“Put a Bird on it” redux.  That video that Adam & Andino did was great.  Continue the excitement surrounding Elias and Mejdal by having them do a remake staring themselves of course!   They could be sitting around a conference table loaded with analytic info only to raise their heads to ask the OP’s exact question.

You would have to grab Adam before he signs with another team but if you could have Jones & Andino do a cameo in it it could be epic in a Run-D.M.Z. / Aerosmith sort of way.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:09 AM, Going Underground said:

Stoner Sunday . Make recreational marijuana legal at the stadium. All fans get a free joint 

Well only medicinal marijuana is legal in Maryland.  You could sign a form at the stadium that you need to be stoned to watch this version of the O's. 

Archived