Give Sisco another Chance

Legend_Of_Joey

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Believe what you want, I'm not going to argue over your insane suggestion that catcher's just put fingers down until the pitcher finds the one he wants.

Watch the best pitchers in the game. They dont just pitch what the catcher calls.

We will get to see more of Sisco in the upcoming games.

Even though well over 60%, maybe over 70%, of innings in MLB are pitched by righthanders, somehow the Orioles faced a lefty starter in 4 straight games, 5 out of 6, 6 out of 8, and 9 out of 12.   (This counts LeBlanc as the starter the day Seattle used an opener for one inning).

That is really odd to see that many lefties.

Sisco sits vs most lefties since he has been up.   We are going to face 3 righties vs Cleveland this weekend, and probably 2 or 3 vs Tampa next week, and 2 out of 3 in Toronto next weekend.   So either 7 or 8 of our 9 remaining games before the All Star Break will be vs lefty starters.   Chance will get his chance.

Just now, SteveA said:

We will get to see more of Sisco in the upcoming games.

Even though well over 60%, maybe over 70%, of innings in MLB are pitched by righthanders, somehow the Orioles faced a lefty starter in 4 straight games, 5 out of 6, 6 out of 8, and 9 out of 12.   (This counts LeBlanc as the starter the day Seattle used an opener for one inning).

That is really odd to see that many lefties.

Sisco sits vs most lefties since he has been up.   We are going to face 3 righties vs Cleveland this weekend, and probably 2 or 3 vs Tampa next week, and 2 out of 3 in Toronto next weekend.   So either 7 or 8 of our 9 remaining games before the All Star Break will be vs lefty starters.   Chance will get his chance.

Obviously opposing teams are scared of him and stacking the lefties to avoid him.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

dWAR for catchers has to be the worse metric ever created. There is not a baseball professional in all of professional baseball that would consider Sisco and Severino even defensively. And yes, I know you probably think you are smarter than all of them so spare me that reply.

I am not sure why the nasty shot at me for stating facts.  If you dont like defensive metrics why not just say that.  I havent seen enough of Servino play to make a judgement. But the catchers on the team last year were not better than Sisco defensively.

o

(vs. INDIANS, 6/28)

NUMBER 3

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

o

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

(vs. INDIANS, 6/28)

NUMBER 3

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

CHANCTHOMALEO SISCO

o

o

Robbed of another round-tripper, in the same game.

o

I don't understand why they won't let Sisco just be the primary catcher.  They say other guys call a better game or are better defensively but the games i have seen Sisco is pretty good at blocking pitches in the dirt and the pitchers seem to pitch better with Sisco behind the plate. Let him catch 80 percent of the games. See if he is the real deal.  Everytime Serevino catcches the other team seems to score in double digits in runs. I really don't understand why Buck and Hyde haven't played him more. 

6 minutes ago, atomic said:

I don't understand why they won't let Sisco just be the primary catcher.  They say other guys call a better game or are better defensively but the games i have seen Sisco is pretty good at blocking pitches in the dirt and the pitchers seem to pitch better with Sisco behind the plate. Let him catch 80 percent of the games. See if he is the real deal.  Everytime Serevino catcches the other team seems to score in double digits in runs. I really don't understand why Buck and Hyde haven't played him more. 

To be fair, the O's are pretty much platooning Sisco and Severino right now and usually the left-handed bat plays a lot more in those situations. However, the O's have gone through a weird stretch where they've faced nothing but left handed starting pitchers for the past week which is why Sisco has sat so much. That's not going to happen too often. 

It is going to be intersting what they plan to do.  They have two serviceable major league catchers right now and they have a guy many people will be ready by the start of 2021.  Do they decide to go with one or the other and move the other at some point next year?

Just now, bpilktree said:

It is going to be intersting what they plan to do.  They have two serviceable major league catchers right now and they have a guy many people will be ready by the start of 2021.  Do they decide to go with one or the other and move the other at some point next year?

Let's see if this is just more than a "hot month" for Sisco and a "career year" for Severino first before calling them "serviceable" and having to decide their fate.